U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:13 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,153,129 times

Advertisements

Miss Bonnie at Leatha's says the same thing!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 11:17 PM

84 posts, read 214,267 times
I'll be the first to say congrats to Brett and I did enjoy watching him play at a high level again just because it reminded me of the good times he had with the Packers...but Aaron Rodgers did set a career high for passing yards...tooooooooooo bad his O-Line is terrible...the only stat that will matter anyways is Favre 1 Win Rodgers 0 Win

fun game though...maybe next time McCarthy will have a better game plan and we won't let so many missed opportunities go out the door...3 red zone trips and 0 points...thats inexcusable...we will see them in week 8 though for our own revenge

Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 PM

1,352 posts, read 3,871,250 times
A fair and sporting comment---I too wish young Aaron Rodgers all the best--I think he will be a great QB.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 AM

4,046 posts, read 3,138,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama View Post
Green Bay was a second home to Brett. He did wonders for the town and the team. The fans who diss him simply because he had some waffling with retirement because his physical staus was uncertain--fans who took what he had to offer for years--should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe GB was right not to take him back--Rodgers had already been plugged into the team--but to hate Brett or wish him ill is meanspirited at least. He lives here in my city of Hattiesburg--does good and lives an exemplary simple life among his old friends. He doesn't wear bling, show-off, fight dogs, or disregard his family. He is a good citizen and family man. He has earned the respect and deserves the good will of Green Bay---don't ya think? Or is a football rivalry more important than a man's value?
The problem is people who look up to athletes. 99.3% of all athletes are thugs & scumbags. Cheating on their wives, drugs, dog fighting, trashing motels etc. I rooted for Favre when he played for the Packers the same as I rooted for all of the Packers, but as soon as he left to go to another team then I'm against him. When he is off the field I could not care less about him. Same with Packer players themselves. Drive drunk & put yourself in jail, I don't care as long as you have a good replacement.

Honestly the only athletes I respect are Matt Kenseth & Aaron Rodgers, because I like how they handle themselves, but I don't know them other than what I hear in interviews & see on TV. They could be scumbags for all I know.

Athletes are entertainers. We pay them & they entertain us. The end.
Outside of the playing fields I care as much about them as they care about us and that is zip.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:16 AM

14,323 posts, read 21,052,132 times
Default Glad Favre stuck it to the Pack!

The man is a great and HOF quarterback, no question. I'm glad he's still in the league so we can watch him play. So glad he stuck it to the Peckers tonight!

Go Favre!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:10 AM

947 posts, read 2,276,315 times
He was on fire last night.
He was also very well protected.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:55 AM

1,352 posts, read 3,871,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
The problem is people who look up to athletes. 99.3% of all athletes are thugs & scumbags. Cheating on their wives, drugs, dog fighting, trashing motels etc. I rooted for Favre when he played for the Packers the same as I rooted for all of the Packers, but as soon as he left to go to another team then I'm against him. When he is off the field I could not care less about him. Same with Packer players themselves. Drive drunk & put yourself in jail, I don't care as long as you have a good replacement.

Honestly the only athletes I respect are Matt Kenseth & Aaron Rodgers, because I like how they handle themselves, but I don't know them other than what I hear in interviews & see on TV. They could be scumbags for all I know.

Athletes are entertainers. We pay them & they entertain us. The end.
Outside of the playing fields I care as much about them as they care about us and that is zip.
You have no responsibility to care about them offfield. In fact, I have a bit of the same attitude about celebs. However, I am not talking about getting personally involved nor about rooting against Favre since he is on the opposing team. I am talking about simple respect and common courtesy--which he deserves because he is not the "scumbag" type you so aptly describe and because he gave a lot of support to GB outside of just playing ball. Just respectful opposition-not hatred and viciousness. After all, those emotions certainly suggest a personal attack.

You may not have these virulent feelings but you responded to my post concerning them with this answer--which doesn't make sense if my post doesn't relate to you.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:03 AM

967 posts, read 2,854,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyP View Post
The guy is a narcissistic drama queen. There is no "I" in team. Screw him
...but there IS an "I" in WIN

Old 10-06-2009, 10:37 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,153,129 times
after the game, Brett's interview with Michelle Tafoya was full of "we's", not "I's"

Brett looked awesome!!!

Aaron is a great quarterback. They better find someone to protect his blind side or he'll be squished.

It was a great game, the next one will be too!

Old 10-06-2009, 10:46 AM

6,764 posts, read 11,082,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
They can have him They will learn to come to terms with the losing season and interceptions up the wazoo His glory dayz are over.
1 losing season in 16 years with the Packers, then he leaves and they go 6-10. I think it will be the Packers that will have to get used to losing until they get smart enough to run Ted Thompson out of town on a rail. Rodgers has great talent, but he is going to have a short career playing behing the new saloon door O-line they installed for this year. Ryan Grant will be lucky to have 2 100yd games all year.

I'm thinking Favre was pretty happy to be a Viking last night watching Rodgers eat the turf all night and remembering how many years he played with a mediocre at best O-line and a mediocre at best running game witht he exceptions of 2 years of Dorsey Levens and 2 years of Ahman Green. As good as Rodgers is, his stats will begin to drop the more he gets beat up, and the way this season is going, he is going to be injured before the end of this year. He's been sacked well over 20 times in 4 games. Possibly the worst O-lines in the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin