Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 08:00 PM

2,250 posts, read 1,395,663 times

Advertisements

In terms of politics, weather, economy, attractions,etc.[add whatever you want]?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 08:26 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,694,928 times
Try these sites:

City of Kenosha, Wisconsin

and

Kenosha Area Convention & Visitors Bureau - works with Wisconsin meetings, visitors and motorcoach groups.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:34 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Economy: tied to the overall health of the Chicago and Milwaukee economies, which is to say, struggling a bit just like everywhere else right now.

Weather: this is the upper Midwest, so the weather should self-exlanatory. Either you can tolerate it or you can't.

Politics: middle-of-the-road but mostly leaning conservative except maybe with regard to labor issues.

Attractions: well, it has a decent lakefront. It's within an hour of both Chicago and Milwaukee, and has daily commute train service to Chicago which makes it easy for a day trip to the big city. There's probably a local tourism board that can give you more specifics about local attractions.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:44 PM

44 posts, read 93,361 times
Kenosha is a small, industrial city. We have a very nice lakefront(I take my boys there often to play and watch the boats), and the city itself has grown quite a bit in the last four years as far as conveniences go(restaurants, shopping, etc.) Woodman's Grocery Market is incredible-lowest prices around for name-brand foods, a tremendous selection of everyday items, organic and natural, and international foods. I go there every week! You will have your mix of good and bad neighborhoods, although I think the good outweigh the bad. Now, if you are looking for a serious nightlife, Kenosha isn't for you. It is no exaggeration when we say the city shuts down around 9:00. However, we like it here, and it's been a very nice place to start a family. Will we stay here forever? Probably not. But we'll see what the future holds. Kenosha also has a decent library system, is incredibly easy to find your way around, and has a great farmer's market by the lake on Saturdays. Overall, small but nice city. I can't speak much on the politics/economics of Kenosha, but they have their struggles like everyone else right now. Hope this helps to further enlighten you!

Old 10-02-2009, 07:22 PM

I love Woodman's! I used to shop there every week when we lived in Paddock Lake. The new Target shopping area is nice too. When we visited WI last time, I couldn't believe that Target moved to a new location. It hadn't been in the old location that long... Plus I think a new JC Penney was opening in that new shopping area??

Old 10-03-2009, 02:31 PM

44 posts, read 93,361 times
Yes, JCPenney opened up just a few doors down from the new Target. The old one had actually been at the old location for at least 15 years(that's how long I've lived in WI! ) I love taking the boys to the new JCP for their pics instead of driving "all the way" to Racine.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:30 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times
One interesting thing about Kenosha is its strong Italian heritage. Many Italians came to Kenosha during the early twentieth century and put down strong roots. Though the Italian influence has been tempered a bit over the decades, many vestiges remain. There is a strong Italian-American community organization, and in some neighborhoods houses have been passed down through families for generations. There are many Italian restaurants and markets; of the latter, Tenuta's stands out and is one of the best (if not the best) in the Milwaukee-Chicago corridor.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenowheregirl View Post
Yes, JCPenney opened up just a few doors down from the new Target. The old one had actually been at the old location for at least 15 years(that's how long I've lived in WI! ) I love taking the boys to the new JCP for their pics instead of driving "all the way" to Racine.
15 years! Wow, time really flies! I remember when the old Traget opened. It's just doesn't seem that long. Is Sears at Pershing Plaza still around? That's where I used to take my kids for photos...

Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 PM

6 posts, read 25,116 times
Its a great town lived there for 5 years and moved away to be closer to family. Wished I never left.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:36 PM

4 posts, read 12,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenowheregirl View Post

Meanwhile, downtown Kenosha continues dying a slow painful death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin