U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2009, 11:22 AM

12 posts, read 33,764 times

Advertisements

Long time Packer fan. Curious, why the hatred of Brett? Because he signed with the Viqueens? I dislike that team as much as the next person but, to hate Brett for it? He gave us many, many years of excitement. Do we forget all of that because he wanted to continue to play (even if it is our nemesis)? I don't think the general public will ever really know what happened behind the scenes, what Thompson may or may not have done. I for one still like Favre, and enjoy watching him play except now, I hope his team loses. So, I am curious, do the masses agree or disagree with me?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 11:32 AM

8,193 posts, read 21,411,667 times
I am in Love with Brett Favre and Brandon Jennings of the Milwaukee Bucks! When Ron Wolf and Bob Harlan left the front office of the Packers and the two turkeys came in there and now are screwing everything up! I left years ago to be a Favre fan and a Bears fan, a team I always liked but liked the Packers more. Not anymore! Go Favre Go Bears Go Vikings I hope they win the Super Bowl!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:44 PM

Location: in the sun with all shadows behind me, in a small town with no "culture" to malign me
80 posts, read 79,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I left years ago to be a Favre fan and a Bears fan, a team I always liked but liked the Packers more. Not anymore! Go Favre Go Bears Go Vikings I hope they win the Super Bowl!!!

"Bad faith likes discourse on friendship and loyalty" --Cooley

Old 11-19-2009, 01:46 PM

80 posts, read 217,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestonWisc View Post
Long time Packer fan. Curious, why the hatred of Brett? Because he signed with the Viqueens? I dislike that team as much as the next person but, to hate Brett for it? He gave us many, many years of excitement. Do we forget all of that because he wanted to continue to play (even if it is our nemesis)? I don't think the general public will ever really know what happened behind the scenes, what Thompson may or may not have done. I for one still like Favre, and enjoy watching him play except now, I hope his team loses. So, I am curious, do the masses agree or disagree with me?
I totally agree with you 100% Brett did what he had to do. I'll always love Brett no matter what. Now, with that said, Go Pack, and down with the Viqueens!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:03 PM

8,193 posts, read 21,411,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao111 View Post
"Bad faith likes discourse on friendship and loyalty" --Cooley
Can't you ever give your own opinions instead of someone else's?

Old 11-19-2009, 06:35 PM

608 posts, read 867,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestonWisc View Post
Favre is the man! His love for the game and the excitement he generated within the Packer fan base and within his own team helped to put Green Bay back on the map during the early 90s. You never knew what type of game you'd get when #4 was on the field, but you knew that he'd try hard to win at any cost. You could never count the Packers out of a game any time he was on the field. I guess that in reality, I became a Packers fan BECAUSE of Favre, but I still remain one INSPITE of the fact he's moved on. After choosing the Packers as "my team" I attended games at Lambeau, saw the Packers hall of fame, and embraced the increadable history of the Packers Organization. Thanks to Farve, I got to become a fan of the greatest team in sports history. How can I hate him considering that?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:27 PM

Location: in the sun with all shadows behind me, in a small town with no "culture" to malign me
80 posts, read 79,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Can't you ever give your own opinions instead of someone else's?

Ask yourself the same.

Tao

Old 11-20-2009, 09:29 AM

tao......y the arguments?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:32 AM

319 posts, read 592,856 times
It's not where he signed, it's how he handled it. The guy basically got around his own contract (AKA arranging his own free agency) by pulling the retired/not retired game. How many other guys in the league can do that? He could have been gracious about the whole thing, but wasn't. He could have been honest to everyone the whole time. He wasn't. He could have a national media that doesn't slobber over him like a 13 year old girl over a guy that has a driver's license, they don't (not his fault, I admit). Sure he has no axe to grind....sure...... Deanna Favre Takes Picture With Vikings Fans In 'Thanks Ted Thompson' Jersey | NFL | Green Bay Packers | Minnesota Vikings

At this point, I hope it's 1998 all over again for the Vikings.

Loved him as a Packer, hate him as a Viking. Thought he was great as a player, think he's a d-bag as a person. I wonder if he still has his own seperate locker room.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:45 AM

Again, perhaps Thompson and McCarthy were not upfront w/him. We'll never know but, I believe that must be considered. Favre was always up front with the fans and media. Thompson refused free agency to build the line, bring in a running back, and even a receiver that wouldn't drop the ball. Favre even offered up part of his salary to bring one in.

As much as I do not like the viqueens, they have the whole package. A front line that can protect, receivers that can catch and A. Peterson (who can run circles around Grant). Do you think that just possibly he signed there because of all of this.

Plus, I have to admit that I really believe he was forced out. Thompson figured maybe 1 year left in him and Aaron wanted to be played or be traded. Any case, I just don't believe this was a revenge move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin