Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 05:20 PM

5 posts, read 16,096 times

Advertisements

Background, I'm a Delta guy that is going to be moved north from GA this summer due to the DL/NWA merger. I love Wisconsin and want to stay on that side of the river if possible. The real estate market is horrible in my neighborhood outside of Atlanta, GA. Needless to say, we will have to rent our house in Georgia and rent one up in Wisconsin until the market improves where we can sell and buy a house that we want for the long haul. I have a wife, three kids, and a dog (Vizsla less than 50 lbs non shedder). Commute is not a problem because I only drive to work once per week on average.

I have been looking around at craigslist, realtor.com, google etc... at current rental offerings. The selection is slim. Are there any real estate agents or gurus that can point me in the right direction? We are looking for a single family home with 3+ bedrooms around 1500 per month.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 08:06 AM

8 posts, read 27,300 times
Wink I might be able to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi54545 View Post
Background, I'm a Delta guy that is going to be moved north from GA this summer due to the DL/NWA merger. I love Wisconsin and want to stay on that side of the river if possible. The real estate market is horrible in my neighborhood outside of Atlanta, GA. Needless to say, we will have to rent our house in Georgia and rent one up in Wisconsin until the market improves where we can sell and buy a house that we want for the long haul. I have a wife, three kids, and a dog (Vizsla less than 50 lbs non shedder). Commute is not a problem because I only drive to work once per week on average.

I have been looking around at craigslist, realtor.com, google etc... at current rental offerings. The selection is slim. Are there any real estate agents or gurus that can point me in the right direction? We are looking for a single family home with 3+ bedrooms around 1500 per month.

Thanks!
I currently live in Hudson with my husband, who is a former NWA now Delta employee. I am trying to get into grad school for next year and we would be moving to wherever I am accepted. If we have trouble selling our house, it may be available for rent. It is four bedroom, two bath, built in 1949, fenced yard, corner lot, in town location close to schools, hardwood floors, full basement, TONS of storage, two car garage, etc. Does your 1500 include utilities or would you be able to pay those in addition to the rent?

Another option is my parents townhome. My stepdad also works for the airlines and they are currently looking to rent their townhome. My mom is an interior designer and it is beautiful place. It has 4 bedrooms (one currently used as an office), 2 1/2 bath, gas fireplace, huge family room, also close to schools and in a nice neighborhood. It is very new, I would guess build around 2002 or so. The downside here would be the yard, but there is a nice little deck on the back that overlooks a pond/wetland with lots of birds and nice foliage in the summer months.

If neither of those is appealing to you I know a lot of good realtors in the area who might be able to help you out as well. Your dog would not be an issue for us, we have two cocker spaniels now, and I don't believe it would be a problem for my parents either. We are all animal lovers. I think it's wise to choose Wisconsin over Minnesota as well (I am biased ).

One more thing-if you didn't know already, the commute is nothing. It usually takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport and traffic is generally not too bad over here compared to some other cities I have been to, including Atlanta.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:02 AM

6 posts, read 15,760 times
Hi Delta guy- I have helped many families locate rentals. I live in Hudson, WI myself. Do you know your time frame and I will start getting the word out?

Thank you

Old 12-03-2009, 01:33 PM

5 posts, read 16,096 times
Thanks for the replies! We are looking at anywhere from May to August. It depends when I get displaced from Atlanta up to Minne. I'll know more in the next month. A garage is a must for my Southern wife. I want to break her in slowly! What are the average utility bills for a 4 bed place? I assume heat is the great expense. Very interested kkb.

Last edited by wi54545; 12-03-2009 at 01:47 PM..

Old 12-04-2009, 11:08 PM

8 posts, read 27,300 times
It will prob be a couple months before I know hear from grad schools and start making moving plans myself. I think my mom has two people looking to rent her place now-but that could open up again too. Our gas and electric bill is about 220/month. We have central air as well, but heat is definitely where the expense is-even with a furnace and a/c that are only about two years old. Keep in touch and let me know if you need any more info!

Old 04-09-2010, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,261 times
Delta Guy:
Are you still looking for a house? I have a 5 BR House on 3 Acres in Hudson that I haven't been able to sell. I might consider renting it now. Send me an email to [email]KvnNTracy@aol.com[/email].

Old 04-14-2012, 03:42 PM

2 posts, read 6,583 times
Hi, My boyfriend and I are looking to move into a large house or duplex or townhouse in River Falls or Hudson. Here is what we need, we are a 6 person family - he has 2 children and I have 2 children (3 boys, 1 girl), we need a place with 3+ bedrooms, meaning we could possibly get by with 3 bedrooms if there are 2 living rooms or a den, ect. we would likely turn a basement living room into a bedroom for the 2 youngest boys. Or 4 bedrooms at least, looking for around 1,500 sq feet or more and of course the bigger, the better. We can afford a TOTAL of $1,500 INCLUDING utilities. We have been living in a large 3 story house and our utilities have run an average of $250/month here. We also need a place that will allow 1 cat for a pet. She is spayed and over a year old (not a kitten). We also don't have good credit, but almost all our bad credit is years in the past. We need to move by June 1st. We want to find a place to rent LONG TERM (2+ years). Please contact me ASAP if you have a place to rent a place that fits our needs. Thank you! Shannon 651-231-0096 (text or call) or email

Old 04-15-2012, 09:14 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slstorm1982 View Post
Hi, My boyfriend and I are looking to move into a large house or duplex or townhouse in River Falls or Hudson. Here is what we need, we are a 6 person family - he has 2 children and I have 2 children (3 boys, 1 girl), we need a place with 3+ bedrooms, meaning we could possibly get by with 3 bedrooms if there are 2 living rooms or a den, ect. we would likely turn a basement living room into a bedroom for the 2 youngest boys. Or 4 bedrooms at least, looking for around 1,500 sq feet or more and of course the bigger, the better. We can afford a TOTAL of $1,500 INCLUDING utilities. We have been living in a large 3 story house and our utilities have run an average of $250/month here. We also need a place that will allow 1 cat for a pet. She is spayed and over a year old (not a kitten). We also don't have good credit, but almost all our bad credit is years in the past. We need to move by June 1st. We want to find a place to rent LONG TERM (2+ years). Please contact me ASAP if you have a place to rent a place that fits our needs. Thank you! Shannon 651-231-0096 (text or call) or email
Saint Croix County, WI Homes for Sale & Real Estate
Hudson is perfect, you will have no problem finding a large home

Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 PM

2 posts, read 6,583 times
Default House Rental Hudson or River Falls

Actually I am finding it nearly impossible to find a large house or townhouse that we can afford and will allow our cat. So far I see 2 possible options, a townhouse in Hudson, but it is managed by Croix Management and I've already had a lot of problems with them and they have several HORRIBLE reviews on the net. The other is one in River Falls, but the layout is such that we couldn't fit our living room furniture in the living room and the layout of the rest of the townhouse would be difficult to deal with. And we'd really rather rent a house, have a yard for the kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin