Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:40 AM

1,245 posts, read 924,208 times

Advertisements

Due to a certain wisconsin bicycle group, they are attacking motorists right to be on the road ways. Possibly some time next year, if they get there way, you may end up stuck following a self absorbed bicyclist that is going 10 mph on a 55 in a 55 mph high way lane depending how busy that road is.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:43 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
huh?

Old 12-19-2013, 07:51 AM

My point here is, bicyclists will be turned into a super user, and have more right to be on the road then a vehicle. If any motorists are interested in knowing more, contact me. So we can contact our politicians and tell them to oppose the law.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:02 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
I'm a road biker but there are road bikers who give them all a bad name, riding 2 or 3 wide and refusing to give right of way to motorists. They should go single file and let car drivers pass but some are really stuck up and full of themselves. Also, people should not be riding 2 wide in any traffic, period. I always ride single file with my father. If you want to talk, get off the road and sit down somewhere.

Some road bikers do argue that they should take up the lane because cars trying to pass them in close proximity which they will do if they are riding close to the shoulder is not safe. I can understand that and don't know what the solution is here. I've had cars pass me with only a foot of clearance because they did not want to slow down and wait for the oncoming traffic to go by.

Equally annoying however are well intentioned car drivers who stop for cyclists when the car driver has the right of way. Hey we've got the stop sign, so no need to stop in the middle of a not so busy county road just so we can cross the street on our bikes. We can wait for traffic to clear. Thanks anyways though.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I'm a road biker but there are road bikers who give them all a bad name, riding 2 or 3 wide and refusing to give right of way to motorists. They should go single file and let car drivers pass but some are really stuck up and full of themselves. Also, people should not be riding 2 wide in any traffic, period. I always ride single file with my father. If you want to talk, get off the road and sit down somewhere.

Some road bikers do argue that they should take up the lane because cars trying to pass them in close proximity which they will do if they are riding close to the shoulder is not safe. I can understand that and don't know what the solution is here. I've had cars pass me with only a foot of clearance because they did not want to slow down and wait for the oncoming traffic to go by.

Equally annoying however are well intentioned car drivers who stop for cyclists when the car driver has the right of way. Hey we've got the stop sign, so no need to stop in the middle of a not so busy county road just so we can cross the street on our bikes. We can wait for traffic to clear. Thanks anyways though.
I can't argue with that. I will definitely add some of the stuff you mentioned here in my letter to my state assembly and senate.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:35 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
I can't argue with that. I will definitely add some of the stuff you mentioned here in my letter to my state assembly and senate.
Yeah maybe you could elaborate because you've provided nothing. Regardless, bikes should have more access on the roads. The majority of drivers are d**ks who could care less about pedestrians or bikers. I'm all for reducing vehicle traffic & increasing mass transit, biking & walking. Not like we have a health & weight problem in this country or anything.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Yeah maybe you could elaborate because you've provided nothing. Regardless, bikes should have more access on the roads. The majority of drivers are d**ks who could care less about pedestrians or bikers. I'm all for reducing vehicle traffic & increasing mass transit, biking & walking. Not like we have a health & weight problem in this country or anything.
That is the very attitude that the unmentioned bicycle group has. If you don't get your way you cry and complain, and spin away to get people to agree with you. I have seen that health and weight excuse used by this certain bicycle group. Even spinning if you don't agree with bicycle views you'll have a coronary or stroke, and so on. Have you ever rode on mass transit? I did for almost two years, a half a decade ago. It wasn't a pleasant experience.
Bicyclists problem is, they want to put all there risky behavior on to the motorist, so when they wipe out and get ran over they can pin it on the easily citable sucker in the vehicle.
You bicyclists have too much of a(n) self entitled, self absorbed attitude. Motorists want to share the road with other users, but don't want to get screwed over in the process.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I did for almost two years, a half a decade ago. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

Huh? (Again). I love cities with good public transit, how could you not? I'm thankful I'm now in a place I don't need a car, I can walk, bike, or take a bus or subway almost every place I need. More places should have such basic infrastructure.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:38 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
Quote:
That is the very attitude that the unmentioned bicycle group has. If you don't get your way you cry and complain, and spin away to get people to agree with you. I have seen that health and weight excuse used by this certain bicycle group. Even spinning if you don't agree with bicycle views you'll have a coronary or stroke, and so on. Have you ever rode on mass transit? I did for almost two years, a half a decade ago. It wasn't a pleasant experience.
Bicyclists problem is, they want to put all there risky behavior on to the motorist, so when they wipe out and get ran over they can pin it on the easily citable sucker in the vehicle.
You bicyclists have too much of a(n) self entitled, self absorbed attitude. Motorists want to share the road with other users, but don't want to get screwed over in the process.
WTF are you even talking about?

Old 12-19-2013, 01:45 PM

They must be referring to the proposed vulnerable user bill to protect non motorized users. Seems like a good idea. It's disgusting that this guy KILLED someone in a bike lane and only got a failure to yield ticket:

Traffic citation in death bolsters Wisconsin vulnerable user bill advocates : Ct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin