Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,309 times

Advertisements

I wonder which is worse; The 8 to 9 months of summer down here in Houston, TX or the 5 to 6 months of winter in Wisconsin?
We had to turn on our A/C last night because it was 77 degrees in our house and we couldn't sleep. I'm sure that sounds great to many who are freezing every night in Wisconsin, but like the long winter that gets really tiring this time of year for WI, having a long summer and still running the A/C in November is no pic-nic. July, Aug & Sept are horrible. The kids don't even play outside because of the extreme heat and humidity.

San Diego - that's my kind of weather. (just can't afford to live there)

~K~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 01:05 PM

570 posts, read 1,752,763 times
I will take WI winters over AZ summers.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:11 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,002,695 times
I would hate living in Arizona or Florida for an entire year. The heat and humidity would be too much. I don't mind Wisconsin weather, but I hate this time of year. Everything is brown, drab and filthy. As far as the cold, wear the proper clothes and you'll be fine. In the cold clothes can always be added, but the heat forgidaboutit. Warm places are way overrated.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:15 PM

570 posts, read 1,752,763 times
Quote:
As far as the cold, wear the proper clothes and you'll be fine. In the cold clothes can always be added, but the heat forgidaboutit. Warm places are way overrated.
Exactly!!

Old 03-13-2010, 10:05 AM

22 posts, read 52,131 times
Bad time of year to be asking...just over the winter and into the gray, wet and overcast spring...agh! I miss the sun right now. Fortunately, we will soon reach a day when they gray is behind and the sun takes over till November. And maybe this summer will be warm like normal and not frigid like last summer! All in all WI is a nice place to live but some of the previous comments are correct. Lots of people spend way too much time in dark bars every weekend.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:53 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintleif View Post
I remember going there on vacations when i was younger and i'd love to go back. does anyone recommend any certain parts of Wisconsin? or are they all nice? i can't remember exactly where we went but it was in the northern part of the state.

I live in pierce county, and I cannot wait to get out of this state. plus the fact that the area around the twin cities is just too large for my liking.

property taxes are also high, although they did go down this year.

cant wait to move further out west.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:51 AM

17 posts, read 44,555 times
Wisconsin is the embodiment of a perfect image of the Midwest that I have carried around in my head all my life. It is our Ireland....Green everywhere.....Rolling hills of pasture, punctuated by hardwood forest . More miles of clear streams than almost any other state And most are populated by trout, who only live in the most beautiful places. Wisconsin also is a coastal state; with two huge bodies of water that are navigated as oceans...Superior and Michigan. There are towns that mirror a New England seaport ( Bayfield and Door Co.) Conifer forests , thick with deer and black bear.....Places where you literally hear nothing at times, not even the wind in the trees....

Bonus ............Leininkugal and the Packers......It is heaven and I will spend the last years of my life inhaling Wisconsin..........

Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLCLLC View Post
Wisconsin is the embodiment of a perfect image of the Midwest that I have carried around in my head all my life. It is our Ireland....Green everywhere.....Rolling hills of pasture, punctuated by hardwood forest . More miles of clear streams than almost any other state And most are populated by trout, who only live in the most beautiful places. Wisconsin also is a coastal state; with two huge bodies of water that are navigated as oceans...Superior and Michigan. There are towns that mirror a New England seaport ( Bayfield and Door Co.) Conifer forests , thick with deer and black bear.....Places where you literally hear nothing at times, not even the wind in the trees....

Bonus ............Leininkugal and the Packers......It is heaven and I will spend the last years of my life inhaling Wisconsin..........
This is good to read since we just found out that we will be moving to Wisconsin soon.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:49 PM

328 posts, read 654,632 times
If u can tolerate the cold , its a great place to be.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:43 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,243 times
Yes, I love living in Wisconsin! I actually LIKE the climate (I sooo would not want to live in Texas or somewhere where it's warm all year round)! Whoever said we get 6 months of winter is WAY off the mark. The first snowfall is usually a few days after Thanksgiving and it's usually all melted by about the middle of March. March is an unpredictable month..this year we had 65+ degree days for about a week but then the first week of April we had snow. Oh well.

It's also a great place to raise a family. We live in De Pere (outside of Green Bay) and everyone here is very friendly and treats their neighbor like themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin