Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times

Advertisements

My daughter ordered some new type of nutrition bars for her small supplement store. The company overshipped, sending her twice as many as she ordered. The company told her to just keep the extra bars, and give them to customers as samples. She is putting an ad in the newspaper, advertising a "free sample day" for these bars. They are chocolate covered and very good - they are supposed to give you 100% of your daily fruit and vegetable requirement. For people too busy to eat healthy, or who don't like veggies, I guess.

I'm going to help her give out samples, but I thought we should do a little more, kind of an event. She's advertising, anyway. Any of you with retail experience, have any ideas? I was thinking of having some healthy beverage to serve with it (she has some excellent Stevia based pop), a basket giveaway, but everyone does that. Any ideas, I'd be grateful. We have a whole week, but we want to get started on it tomorrow. I was thinking about contacting a local costume shop we once rented from for Halloween - to see if they have a carrot costume? or some other kind of vegetable? You know, a giant vegetable handing out cookies for those who hate vegetables, or something like that. I'd be just enough of an idiot to wear that in the parking lot. Anything for my kid...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 PM

889 posts, read 2,712,819 times
It's nice that you're helping out your daughter. I was thinking what I would be attracted to, as I frequent my local health food store. I can't really afford to buy nutrition bars, but I love to eat them. Anytime there is a freebie bar, I grab it! Maybe you could advertise that if a customer spends a little, they get a free bar. Then the more they spend, they would get another. Like one bar for every $_______ spent. If I got more bars, I would share them with my children, but that first one is all mine! Best wishes!

Old 10-29-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityflair View Post
It's nice that you're helping out your daughter. I was thinking what I would be attracted to, as I frequent my local health food store. I can't really afford to buy nutrition bars, but I love to eat them. Anytime there is a freebie bar, I grab it! Maybe you could advertise that if a customer spends a little, they get a free bar. Then the more they spend, they would get another. Like one bar for every $_______ spent. If I got more bars, I would share them with my children, but that first one is all mine! Best wishes!

Have you ever tried Lara Bars? I am addicted to the chocolate cherry. I take a couple of those and a Stevia black cherry pop in payment for an afternoon's work, LOL. At Easter, I helped her with a window display of ceramic bunnies, eggs, and Easter baskets full of Lara Bars (healthier than candy). We ended up almost selling out - some people bought them by the box. With Trick or Treat this weekend, we did a similar Halloween display, although I think they are far too expensive to hand out in large quantities.

If a customer spends $10.00 or more in merchandise, they can enter for a monthly basket drawing. I enjoy making up and decorating the baskets. We always include some nutrition bars. I started working there a few days a week after I was laid off. She can't afford to put me on the payroll, but I did learn a lot about supplements, who Dr. Oz was, and how to operate a cash register! Anyway, I just found another job, in a local school cafeteria. Doesn't pay near as much as what I made before, but I honestly don't care (nobody seems to be making what they used to). The schedule is great (no weekends), home by 2:30, and I get school vacations off, so I can continue to help out. (I'm going to lay the carrot costume idea on her at work this afternoon).

Anyway, thank you for your good wishes!

Old 10-29-2010, 11:30 AM

Not trying to advertise a product or anything, but the name of the bar we're giving out on sample day is 4Life Bar, from ZingGo. (I couldn't remember the name before). It is supposed to have 100% of your daily fruits, vegetables and vitamins. The vendor will be here for sample day, and I'm going to find out how to get a distributorship for where I live. I normally don't like too many so called "healthy" bars (with the exception of Lara), but these are delicious and filling, and every customer I've had so far today has bought at least one. Next time you're in a health food store, give it a try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment