Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

SATURDAY UPDATE: Jay Leno’s spokesman has now issued this statement: ”Jay’s foremost concern is for the wonderful people who work for The Tonight Show. He did what was necessary to ensure their well-being.”

NBC insiders tell me The Tonight Show went through ”downsizing” today and that 20 staffers lost their jobs. Others tell me the number is more like 25, and producers were forced to take pay cuts or lose their jobs. I’ve also learned that Jay Leno took what is being described as a “tremendous” pay cut to “save as many people’s jobs as he could”.

Tonight Show -- 20 Staffers Laid Off, Jay Leno Takes Cut to Save Jobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 11:51 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
SATURDAY UPDATE: Jay Leno’s spokesman has now issued this statement: ”Jay’s foremost concern is for the wonderful people who work for The Tonight Show. He did what was necessary to ensure their well-being.”

NBC insiders tell me The Tonight Show went through ”downsizing” today and that 20 staffers lost their jobs. Others tell me the number is more like 25, and producers were forced to take pay cuts or lose their jobs. I’ve also learned that Jay Leno took what is being described as a “tremendous” pay cut to “save as many people’s jobs as he could”.

Read about this in the news this morning. Jay is a good man who seems to value the hard work that no doubt goes into making the wheels turn on a major show like this one. I hope those who were let go use thier great experience to get back in the game fast.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:09 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

Justice.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:27 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,393,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
Justice.
For what? Do you have something against his staff? The only people losing their jobs are his staff members.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:54 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,741,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
For what? Do you have something against his staff? The only people losing their jobs are his staff members.
He's referring the way Leno screwed over both David Letterman and Conan O'Brien.

Now his ratings are in the crapper, and his show is losing money.

Karma has a funny way of working things out. It sucks for the staffers, but TPTB don't like ugly.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
He's referring the way Leno screwed over both David Letterman and Conan O'Brien.

Karma has a funny way of working things out. It sucks for the staffers, but TPTB don't like ugly.
Actually, if you read the article, you will see that he is still the number one Late Night host and that the show is actually making money.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:02 PM

629 posts, read 1,233,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post

This.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami46 View Post
This.
That was 2 years ago, or otherwise known as ancient history in TV. Leno's ratings are consistently number one in late night, and the show is one of NBC's biggest money makers.

All this info is in the article if one reads past the headline.

Has nothing to do with his ratings.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:17 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
I didn't realize that show was still on the air.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:28 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,152 times
Default lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I didn't realize that show was still on the air.
it shouldn't be...
K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment