Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,572,187 times

Advertisements

I overheard a coworker talking to another coworker. I was close by and she spoke loud. She said "I wish I could get a hitman and she said my name to do away with her"

I was so mad I cried. I told the boss and all he said was it shouldn't matter what other people say to you

There are only four of us working together and she is one that all of us complain about.

This happened a few months ago but I have never forgotten about it. I did tell her that I heard her and she denied it of course

I just was wondering what you all think about this. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 07:37 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,964,605 times
You were so mad you cried??? And it happened months ago but you can't let it go???

For heaven's sake, grow up.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:42 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,805,652 times
Let me guess, all 4 of you are women, right?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,282,835 times
Do you actually think she was serious?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:20 PM

76 posts, read 258,635 times
lulz

Old 04-15-2011, 09:43 PM

162 posts, read 888,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyninfl View Post
I overheard a coworker talking to another coworker. I was close by and she spoke loud. She said "I wish I could get a hitman and she said my name to do away with her"

I was so mad I cried. I told the boss and all he said was it shouldn't matter what other people say to you

There are only four of us working together and she is one that all of us complain about.

This happened a few months ago but I have never forgotten about it. I did tell her that I heard her and she denied it of course

I just was wondering what you all think about this. Thanks
I would have told her, my ears don't lie. But that's just me. Don't get upset about it, who cares what some numb-skull thinks.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
You were so mad you cried??? And it happened months ago but you can't let it go???

For heaven's sake, grow up.
I cried when I told my boss what she said. No, I am a very strong woman really. It sounds to you like I am not.

I am sure it has to do with my tragedies I have been through in my life.

Of course it does. I do not take threats lightly. Of course I got past it! I need a damned job, who doesnt!!

Yes, I think of what she says at times but I do not dwell upon it. I just wanted to hear what other people thought about it.

See, I dont take threats lightly because My ex threatened me in 1989 and went through with his threat and murdered my mother

In 2005 My dear daughter was murdered by her boyfriend.

Now if I was a person that has had no tragedies in thier life then maybe it would not even be thought of

Oh and if I have shocked anyone sorry. If you want proof of what I said you can pm me and I will give you the details so you can look it up

Old 04-16-2011, 03:22 AM

9,057 posts, read 20,485,438 times
I remember years ago I was having a little difference-in-opinion discussion with a co-worker and TEASINLY said, "I know where you park your car here!" The manager was close to where we were and heard me say that, came over and said "I want to see you in my office now!" So, behind closed-door he told me "If I ever hear you said that to a co-worker again, I will personally fire you on the spot! You are getting your only warning right now!" I told him that I was only kidding and he said "I don't care, there was a threat in your statement and I didn't like it!
So, after that, if I said something "teasingly", I made sure what I said didn't sound anything like a threat!

Old 04-16-2011, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I remember years ago I was having a little difference-in-opinion discussion with a co-worker and TEASINLY said, "I know where you park your car here!" The manager was close to where we were and heard me say that, came over and said "I want to see you in my office now!" So, behind closed-door he told me "If I ever hear you said that to a co-worker again, I will personally fire you on the spot! You are getting your only warning right now!" I told him that I was only kidding and he said "I don't care, there was a threat in your statement and I didn't like it!
So, after that, if I said something "teasingly", I made sure what I said didn't sound anything like a threat!
Ya, if I was anywhere corporate and I went to HR she would have been fired! Threats are not and should not be taken lightly

Just like sexual statements you got to be real careful with those in the workplace too

Old 04-16-2011, 03:45 AM

9,057 posts, read 20,485,438 times
Now, an instance where I felt threatened:
I use to work in a Stockroom that was located next to another Stockroom. There was a wall and Service window that separated the two. Anyway, just after I started with this company, I talked to the other Stockroom Clerk and found out that he was a former gang member and carried a handgun in his vehicle.........yes, he told me this and I thought "ok" and that was it. After a few weeks, I found out that this guy was having some type of problems with his wife. One morning he called her a couple of times on the phone inside the stockroom (dial 9 for a direct line out) and just let the phone ring.......she wasn't answering or not at home. I could tell he was getting pissed, but I was also getting very annoyed listening to the ringing noise (he had the phone on speakerphone). I looked at him and said, "could you please hang that phone up for awhile?" He looked at me angerly and said "shut the "f" up!" My Manager had not got to work yet and I got scared of what this guy might do to me knowing about his gun in his car. So, I left and didn't even clock out. I got a call from my Manager a very short time later. I explained what happened and he told me he would take care of it. But, would that mean that I'd really be in trouble with this guy if he got written up or something? My Manager wanted to meet me at a Denny's Restaurant and talk some more about what had happened. After discussing the situation with my wife, I called him back and said "no, that's it, I have to quit". I had good enough reason to quit that I was able to draw unemployment benefits!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment