U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2011, 09:12 AM

516 posts, read 1,262,561 times

Advertisements

For the past year, I was in a job that I really was unhappy with. Long story, but I finally landed a job which I will enjoy and the pay is decent.

My problem is now I'm so nervous. I can't sleep, anxiety and all that is setting in. I hope it goes away like fast. I don't want it to show tomorrow on my first day.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 10:15 AM

16,381 posts, read 18,371,505 times
Congrats.

Don't worry too much about. I don't think I've ever had a good nights sleep before starting any job. For what it's worth, I've heard several people who do interviewing say they actually look for a bit of fear/nervousness in people. If you aren't worried about a job or interview, it shows you don't care. Unless you're starting a new job as a trial lawyer or similar profession where lying convincingly through your teeth is a requirement of the job you've got nothing to worry about. I mean do you think your new boss and co-workers would rather that you look nervous and excited or bored and condescending?

Old 04-17-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Congrats.

Don't worry too much about. I don't think I've ever had a good nights sleep before starting any job. For what it's worth, I've heard several people who do interviewing say they actually look for a bit of fear/nervousness in people. If you aren't worried about a job or interview, it shows you don't care. Unless you're starting a new job as a trial lawyer or similar profession where lying convincingly through your teeth is a requirement of the job you've got nothing to worry about. I mean do you think your new boss and co-workers would rather that you look nervous and excited or bored and condescending?
Oh, yes!! I know exactly what you're saying. This is the type of job I've been looking for for about 4 years. I'm just hoping my nerves calm down early enough so I can fill out all the paperwork. lol

Thank you for your input.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:23 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,391,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyEF View Post
For the past year, I was in a job that I really was unhappy with. Long story, but I finally landed a job which I will enjoy and the pay is decent.

My problem is now I'm so nervous. I can't sleep, anxiety and all that is setting in. I hope it goes away like fast. I don't want it to show tomorrow on my first day.
Congratulations and good luck! Imo it is normal to be nervous on a new job. It will be ok, just get the first day over with

Old 04-17-2011, 04:08 PM

15,096 posts, read 12,063,137 times
Congrats...and don't worry about the first day. The first day bar is not set that high - it's usually filling out paperwork, figure out where you're sitting, and meeting people.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:55 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,655,608 times
Congrats to you! and you will be fine, you just have to get used to it. I am happy for you, and I hope I can find something soon myself.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:54 PM

18,668 posts, read 18,163,680 times
Congrats! Yes, it will work out no doubt. Enjoy yourself!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Congrats...and don't worry about the first day. The first day bar is not set that high - it's usually filling out paperwork, figure out where you're sitting, and meeting people.
I know, filling out the paperwork might be hard, with being nervous and all shaky. It happens to me sometimes. I know, it's crazy. lol

Thank you everyone.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Congrats to you! and you will be fine, you just have to get used to it. I am happy for you, and I hope I can find something soon myself.
Thank you and wishing you the best of luck.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:51 PM

8,520 posts, read 14,745,218 times
Congrats.......

Knock'em dead........I know you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment