U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 03:47 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,707,465 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I was lucky to find the job I had as no one was hiring (or interviewing!!) but lately it seems like I have come across some more openings, which is always nice.

I never did the cover letter thing, but after reading about it.. I figured I'll give it a try. A bank near me has full time opening for customer service & sales rep (not a teller, so it pays more, yay!).. so I just want to throw myself to the dogs here in CD

I am open to HONEST criticism. Don't nit pick just to make yourself look awesome, but nit pick to help me out. That's all I ask

This of course doesn't include MY information for the obvious privacy reasons.. but there's the letter.

DEAR PERSON WHO NEEDS TO GIVE ME A NEW JOB ASAP,

I am writing in response to your posting on your website for the position of customer sales & service representative. I am enclosing my resume along with the application for your review. It will indicate to you that I have worked in all variations of customer service for more than seven years, so you won’t have to go to great expense training me.
It is crucial to deliver high quality, responsive service in banking, and that’s exactly what I’ll deliver when you hire me.

I would like to inform that I have great experience in dealing with my customers, and the vast majority of my customers have walked away satisfied. More importantly, they have returned to do business with us again. I am certain that I will prove to be a valuable asset to your bank with my experience in providing excellent service and promoting outstanding customer satisfaction.
Additionally, I am an expert in dealing with wide variety of people ranging from the pleasant customer to the irate. For every customer that I encounter, I understand their individual needs and inform them on how our services address them most effectively. I am also an expert with cross-selling; something that is also crucial when providing outstanding customer service in banking.

If you are seeking for the professional customer service provider to promote outstanding customer satisfaction, you have found one.

I am certain I can provide you with more information about my experience and skills in person. So I hope for your call so that we can have a small meeting and I get chance to know more about your company. Thank you for this opportunity to discuss my qualifications.

Sincerely,

h0tmess

______

Obviously I wouldn't start my "DEAR ____" like that. But It's from their website so I don't actually have a hiring managers name.. So, based on that what should I put?

I hope we have some people who work as hiring managers here who can provide me with some honest help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 04:14 PM

6,472 posts, read 14,932,941 times
After being married to my husband for so long, it's nice to see someone who is TRYING to find a job. LOL So I shall lay my pearls of wisdom before ye:

Dear BLAHBLAH BLAH:

I am writing in response to your posting for the position of customer sales & service representative. I am enclosing my resume along with the application for your review, and I am confident that you will find me extremely qualified for the position.

I have worked in the field of customer service for more than seven years. As a result, I have the skills and talent to be an instant asset to your organization. During my years as a representative at COMPANY NAME HERE, I provided consistently superior service and created many satisfied customers for my employers. In fact, I received several letters/emails from satisfied clients!

I believe that customer service representatives are the “face” of the organization: the first and most important contact that clients experience. As such, I always aim to deliver high quality, responsive service.

Finally, I have X years of experience in the field of banking, and am familiar with methods and technologies specific to a banking environment such cross-selling. LIST OTHER BANKING RELATED STUFF HERE BASED ON THE AD.

If you are seeking a professional employee who can provide outstanding customer satisfaction for BANKNAME’s valuable clients, look no further! My skills and experience make me the right person to be the “QUOTE SOMETHING FROM THEIR AD” employee your organization needs.

In conclusion, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to discuss my qualifications, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please contact me by telephone at professional_sounding_email@blahblah.com or by telephone at BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Sincerely,

MISS/MRS/MR h0tmess

Old 07-11-2011, 08:17 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,707,465 times
I like your version much better, haha!! Thanks so much. I'm going to use that and add some tweaks (I actually never worked in a bank. Ive worked in other various customer service places.. just not a bank!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment