Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:20 AM

132 posts, read 403,853 times

Advertisements

I think it really depends on the person. I have worked with both. Men tend to be a little bit easier to pushover... and they don't like to deal with "women's issues" a female boss would be like I don't give a rat's butt if you are PMSing, do your job NOW. haha. But my female bosses have always been so sweet. I had issue with one boss in my entire career and he was a male, but he was a nice guy, he was just afraid to stand up for me to the big boss and that was not acceptable to me.

One thing I have come to realize about every single boss I have ever had in my entire career is that they all drink to excess. I don't understand. Maybe I just attract alcoholics. Ha! Makes business trips and company parties more interesting that is for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 11:07 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Depends on the person.

The president of my company is female and she is great.

But for the most part I have not liked any women bosses, the few I have had. It always seemed they were on some power trip or out to prove something in life. Not all of course but much more of them in comparison with men. I almost rate it to short men that were my bosses, seemed to have a streak of "short man" syndrome.

Old 06-22-2008, 06:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
There Pro's and Con's in both genders.
I think that a Boss or Manager who has climbed the ladder, gone through and work at the same levels as his employee's, would be more understanding and helpful with thier team than someone who has started managing without working thier way up or at a college level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment