Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 04:03 PM

104 posts, read 342,206 times

Advertisements

Ok I am at a new job and my boss is new the boss has been with the company for 5 months.

This boss is crazy out of control, she is banging on the desk, has paper everywhere yells at everyone.

To top it off she tells the department of her drug usage, threatens to fire people if they do not work without pay and screams out racial remarks to everyone that works in the department that is not her manager. Also I forgot to mention that she has the entire department in shambles with paper everywhere and she has lost all control of her job. She is giving out incorrect information and it is putting the company in harms way of being sued.

Now she has been report to the ethic board

Do you think HR will side with her knowing that she has only been with the company for 5 months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 04:21 PM

Old 01-21-2012, 04:21 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times
HR will most likely handle the situation behind the scenes. If she has admitted drug use, sounds like rehab will be in her future. Document any interactions and keep away from this toxic manager until something is done. Good luck.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:28 PM

I am documenting everything but I cannot keep away from her because I we work together. I cannot understand why companies do this? After 5 months with a company if I was to act like that I would be fired no second chance.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:31 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Hopefully they will do like us, and bring in an independent mediator to investigate, interview all parties involved and make an objective assessment.

The "he said she said" cases are harder, but if there are multiple witnesses to harassment or a hostile work environment, it's not likely they would side with the supervisor.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:41 PM

The ethics group is an outside company and this supervisor has behaved in this manner in front of the entire company she enjoys making people fearful of her people walk into our department and they cannot talk beacuse she is yelling slamming on the desk. She once took the computer and threw it on the floor and broke it just out of control

Old 01-21-2012, 05:03 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLI123 View Post
The ethics group is an outside company and this supervisor has behaved in this manner in front of the entire company she enjoys making people fearful of her people walk into our department and they cannot talk beacuse she is yelling slamming on the desk. She once took the computer and threw it on the floor and broke it just out of control
She broke company property and IS STILL THERE??

Old 01-21-2012, 05:07 PM

I can't figure this one out pick the computer up and slammed it on the ground and yes she is still there. I know the company needs help but this supervisor is going to get this company sued and I cannot see why HR would support that.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:31 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
I had a crazy boss. He's swipe everything off the top of his desk with a big sweep of his arm, climb on top of his desk, and rant and rave. Smashing computers? Yep, that too. This was a huge national corporation. He was a very high level executive. He had been there for years. I'd heard stories from people who had worked at the company longer. I suspect the company liked him terrifying people. It was like he was like the corporate attack dog.

One day he was telling me he always wondered what it would be like to kill someone. I'm not joking. This was shortly after a postal worker had gone postal. I was TERRIFIED. I knew HR couldn't do anything. They had no power over him.

After about a week, I decided to talk to another executive who was his friend and confidant. This very person had wispered warning to me about his behavior so I wouldn't be surprised. I could handle his "normal" antics, but this latest development really concerned me. I presented like, "this is what happened, is this normal behavior for him, or should I be concerned." His friend assured me that I didn't need to be concerned. And his friend must have had a talk to him because he stopped being freaky weird like that.

I guess this is a long way of saying that sometimes you can't count on HR to save you from crazy people.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:45 PM

Just really sad I once had a boss that was a bully not this violent I put in my resignation and the company fired her after I left. Now the are still looking for someone to fill my job but they got someone to fill her position. What is wrong with these big corporations that want you to neglect your first born for them and then they send you to work with people that is making racial remarks at employees, forcing you to work without pay, breaking computers talking out loud about doing drugs and not getting anything done. But really we are suppose to be committed to these companies , what gas happen to corporate America and what is the purpose if HR I thought they was there to protect the company this can't be in the best interest of the company. But maybe when we get sued they will wake up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment