Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,758 times

Advertisements

I work from Home I was introduced from a friend that thought I would do good with it and I love it and I think you can make more money at home depending on the business and you have the freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 PM

32 posts, read 17,420 times
I have a catalog business that I go door to door and make sales, I have family members that are working with me and we do some what well but I am going out of town over the weekend and will be trained further so I can come back and give the training to my distributors.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:16 PM

688 posts, read 2,835,542 times
Default Davidas, I'm curious...........

How did you get this started up? This is very interesting to me! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidas View Post
I am a Virtual Assistant. I provide administrative support to small business owners and entrepreneurs who are buried under piles of paper! I work from my own home office and use the latest technology to communicate with them. I specifically moved from NYC to Durham so I can financially do this. I love what I do and the best thing I have ever done in my career.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM

755 posts, read 2,333,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Cowgirl View Post
My husband does. He is a script reader for a major Hollywood motion picture studio.
Now that sounds interesting....how did he get that job?

Old 10-30-2007, 08:04 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,390,708 times
I did it, too-- it's a good gig. You need to live in LA or NYC, be well-connected, have experience covering scripts and it helps to have a film degree. It's a foot in the door job to the film industry and lots of writers do it when they're first starting out. It's a coveted job, and you need an "in" to Hollywood. And the best jobs are unionized, so you have to be in the union.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:51 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times
I jsut moved my office to home in August. I run a pest control business and for 16 years we had an office and yard.
The kids are getting bigger and it ws hard on them coming to the office until 7,8,9 at night in the busy season.

So now, I go to work downstairs at 6;30am, here to greet our applicators, my secretary, then go upstairs, get breakfast and get the kids on the bus, go back downstairs and do paperwork etc.
Then when the kids get off the bus at 3, I am here for homework etc. But yet I am here also to answer questions from work, answer the phone if the gal is busy etc.

So far its wonderful. Yesterday the kids were off school so they were able to have friends over to play while I still worked. They didnt have to be dragged to work. Today one son is sick and so he can stay at home and chill and rest while I am here also.
d

Old 11-02-2007, 04:23 PM

755 posts, read 2,333,098 times
I would love to find some kind of claims processing or data entry job that I can do at home. I would rather not do any kind of phone work since I have a very active 3 yr old home with me. I tried doing the transcribing thing and even that is tough with him here. I would also consider watching a child or two under age 5.

I am in NE PA. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to go about finding legit work from home. I've been browsing WAHM.com The Online Magazine for Work at Home Moms but haven't come across anything yet.

Thanks!!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:47 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,396,923 times
Did I already post on this thread? Maybe not. I have my own marketing communications business that I run from home, and I move homes a lot! My email address always stays the same and so does my phone number. I have vonage, so I just plug my phone into any modem and it rings when people call me. I could be working out of a hotel room in Moscow and nobody would know! My work is challenging. I have been not been away from my computer all weekend as I have two projects due tomorrow.

Greenie

Old 01-03-2008, 02:54 PM

688 posts, read 2,835,542 times
Thanks everyone, all this information is great and is appreciated! Anyone else who wants to contribute, feel free!

Old 01-05-2008, 12:16 PM

242 posts, read 613,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by business.vie View Post
I work from Home I was introduced from a friend that thought I would do good with it and I love it and I think you can make more money at home depending on the business and you have the freedom.
Can I ask what you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment