Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:39 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,155 times

Advertisements

Has anyone on here had any experience with Office team? I had a interview today, and I just need to complete testing and I was wondering if they are reliable.
Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 09:45 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
Office Team is part of Robert Half. I live in a small town and they haven't been very helpful in 8 years. However, if you are in a big city, they should have a lot more jobs. Don't discount them totally until you have some experience dealing with them.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:17 AM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Don't waste your time. There's a thread on here somewhere about temp services, and how they're no help.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:16 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
Don't waste your time. There's a thread on here somewhere about temp services, and how they're no help.
I don't know anything about Office Team nor the thread to which you refer, but I wouldn't dismiss temp services completely out of hand. I got a few good jobs that went to perm from temp companies.

Old 02-18-2012, 02:17 AM

86 posts, read 227,936 times
I registered with Robert Half. All they do is send me an email with one or two jobs I'm not even remotely qualified for and then ask me for contact info for any friends that may be looking for work.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:54 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,472 times
Man I totally forgot about Office Team. Signed up with those guys during the height of the tech boom. Offered me part time mail room job with garbo hours. I guess they are OK if you have decent experience, but they really don't have anything for entry level. Better than most temp agencies.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:49 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
I have years of experience, and they said I was only qualified for file clerk jobs. I guess it's the age thing, so 40 years an an adm asst doesn't count.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:53 PM

810 posts, read 1,763,155 times
So far I'm not off to the best start with them, I had my interview with them and the 2nd interview (I wasn't able to do testing on site since I had to go to my part time job).
When I came home to do the testing it said my name wasn't valid.
I hope they're open tomorrow so I can go in and fix things.
Thanks for the advice, I figure at this point it can't hurt.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:09 AM

41 posts, read 65,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinca View Post
Has anyone on here had any experience with Office team? I had a interview today, and I just need to complete testing and I was wondering if they are reliable.
Thank you in advance.
I have learned most , not all recruiters and recruiting firms (office team, robert half, spherion) are filled with liars and scam artists.
I have wasted time with recruiters who needed to fill an interview quota.
Every job I have had was my own work, every second wasted was with some dopey , loser recruiter.
I wouldn't expect much, maybe you will get lucky.
Remember most recruiters are just glorified telemarketers sitting in front of a computer making cold calls all day telling the same bs to susposed canidates.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 AM

41 posts, read 65,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP11283 View Post
I registered with Robert Half. All they do is send me an email with one or two jobs I'm not even remotely qualified for and then ask me for contact info for any friends that may be looking for work.
My best friend worked for robert half for 6 years and told me shocking things about their practices.
He admits he did slimey, awful things to meet quota.
Be careful with Robert Half - working for them or with them for a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment