Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 04:32 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.C.420 View Post
LOL...How am I angry exactly? Have I used any exclamation marks? Have I cursed anybody out? NO...so yeah you can miss me with that and apply it to the people who responded. It's not my problem if you hate your job, but it's more than what most people have at the moment.

My discussion with you has ended with this post...and you're on my ignore list.

Good day!
Most people have a job. Just as you say it's not your problem someone hates their job someone could then say they don't care about you not having one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 04:46 PM

644 posts, read 1,144,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
Most people have a job. Just as you say it's not your problem someone hates their job someone could then say they don't care about you not having one.
That's dumb. That's just like a rich person telling a poor person how hard it is in life.

It's apples and oranges. Life isn't balanced, fair, nor equal.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:48 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
That's dumb. That's just like a rich person telling a poor person how hard it is in life.

It's apples and oranges. Life isn't balanced, fair, nor equal.

correct.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:32 PM

145 posts, read 420,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Most people are in one of two camps (a) Happy to have a job they enjoy, or (b) Forever, constantly complaining from job to job. Employers are wise to ignore those in camp b, and that is different btw, that complaining at one job, about conditions meriting some comments.

But the one off complainers are rare, and the camp b employees are cancers to any organization. The good news is, their employer , whomever it is right now, will usually deep six them in a short span of time. The employer is better off w/o them.
In my work we have an employee that the employer knows causes many problems and has had multiple complaints against him for all sorts of work disruptions and they refuse to do anything about this is individual. Sure they "talk" to him about whats wrong but never punish with a write up or anything like that . So i feel that sometimes people "complain" due to frustration and feel they have no other way to get their concerns addressed.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChris View Post
In my work we have an employee that the employer knows causes many problems and has had multiple complaints against him for all sorts of work disruptions and they refuse to do anything about this is individual. Sure they "talk" to him about whats wrong but never punish with a write up or anything like that . So i feel that sometimes people "complain" due to frustration and feel they have no other way to get their concerns addressed.
If people feel like getting income is such a burden...then the easy solution would be to QUIT. Let's see how they would beg to get their job back.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:43 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,517,156 times
Quote:
If people feel like getting income is such a burden...then the easy solution would be to QUIT. Let's see how they would beg to get their job back.
People have different perspectives in life. The college grad will be miserable working as a cashier and should be because it's beneath their education.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
People have different perspectives in life. The college grad will be miserable working as a cashier and should be because it's beneath their education.
Perspectives and the truth about life are two different things. There's a lot of successful college graduates who did well later in life after they had to start somewhere. If that's what you gotta do to pay the bills, then that's what you gotta do. There's worse jobs.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:34 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
LOL...How am I angry exactly? Have I used any exclamation marks? Have I cursed anybody out? NO...so yeah you can miss me with that and apply it to the people who responded. It's not my problem if you hate your job, but it's more than what most people have at the moment.

My discussion with you has ended with this post...and you're on my ignore list.

Good day!
I already mentioned I don't have a job and am currently unemployed. I don't have a job to hate. Lol.

Also shouting/cursing and using exclamation points are hardly the only way to express anger.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:19 PM

840 posts, read 1,146,598 times
Quote:
I always tell them, "Well if it's so bad then quit or shut up."
Oh, but I did... twice already. Next time, I'll make sure I'm in better position first. Yet I always managed to get myself to get persuaded back by my supervisor....who I couldn't tell if she was truly that nice or couldn't be asked to bother to train another person since the person I replaced did such a crap job in training me and left me with two years worth of work to finish up.

I'm sorry I'm not an unfeeling stoic robot who will take any crap that's laid on my feet.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM

2 posts, read 1,593 times
I would love to have a job right now. I will trade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment