Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 07:43 AM

1,412 posts, read 4,500,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.C.420 View Post
Okay, I don't think you guys are getting what I'm saying. I NEVER said people don't have a right to complain about their jobs, just like I have a RIGHT to tell them to shut up about complaining about it.

This isn't a issue with freedom of speech, this is a issue of just being blessed with whatever you get because majority of people are suffering out there without a paycheck. What unemployed person wants to hear or read somebody constantly complaining about something they are trying so hard to get? If anything, those employed people are being insensitive.
I understand what you mean and agree. The people who mindlessly complain about their job. The ones who talk about the work they have to do, even though that is what they signed up for.

He is not talking about people complaining about injustices happening at work like unpaid overtime, no lunches, bullying etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 01:13 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,477,463 times
Quote:
In a recession, any job is better than no job at all. Some of you couldn't survive in a The Great Depression with this attitude.
So McDonald's isn't even hiring where you live? No cleaning jobs available? No sales jobs?

I come from a city that has one of the worst economies in the U.S. and even they have those types jobs available.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:37 PM

644 posts, read 1,148,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
So McDonald's isn't even hiring where you live? No cleaning jobs available? No sales jobs?

I come from a city that has one of the worst economies in the U.S. and even they have those types jobs available.
Typical response. "Well *insert fast food places* is hiring!" WRONG.

No fast food places aren't hiring either...I know SHOCKER! /sarcasm

Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 PM

7,031 posts, read 14,556,894 times
Trying to remedy the situation and then seeking advice from others, say, on Facebook = Alright.

Whining and complaining without attacking the situation = Unacceptable.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:59 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,477,463 times
Quote:

Well I didn't just mention fast food jobs. Retail is always hiring and I always see ads for sales jobs.

Don't act like there aren't any jobs out there. They might not pay much or be in a location that you like, but they are out there.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 PM

538 posts, read 1,016,571 times
Quote:

Ok, we feel sorry for you. You can end this thread now.

Got a lawn mower? Make some flyers and see if people want their grass cut. A lot of people around here actually make a good living doing it around here.

Know any elderly people? Ask them if they need someone to grocery shop for them for a fee.

Good with computers? Make flyers and ask people if they ever need computer work to call you.

Try to come up with something to make a little cash until you find a job.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:33 PM

831 posts, read 2,835,381 times
I know how you feel, my job is ending in 3wks and despair has already set in. However, if a job sucks, people have a right to complain even if they are blessed.
You're just emotional right now because you're suffering.
I understand, i really do.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Well I didn't just mention fast food jobs. Retail is always hiring and I always see ads for sales jobs.

Don't act like there aren't any jobs out there. They might not pay much or be in a location that you like, but they are out there.
That's because really aren't. It's not like I live in a big city where I have many options, there's hardly any options at all.

Are you THAT clueless that you think there's just a bunch of jobs in abundance?

Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentatonic View Post
Ok, we feel sorry for you. You can end this thread now.

Got a lawn mower? Make some flyers and see if people want their grass cut. A lot of people around here actually make a good living doing it around here.

Know any elderly people? Ask them if they need someone to grocery shop for them for a fee.

Good with computers? Make flyers and ask people if they ever need computer work to call you.

Try to come up with something to make a little cash until you find a job.
You're everything that's wrong in society. It's cool for folks to crap on unemployed people, but when unemployed people do it to people who whine about their jobs it's "wrong."

Move along...

Old 02-23-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas0814 View Post
I know how you feel, my job is ending in 3wks and despair has already set in. However, if a job sucks, people have a right to complain even if they are blessed.
You're just emotional right now because you're suffering.
I understand, i really do.
I'm not only emotional because I'm suffering, I'm just saying that things could be A LOT worse right now for folks who have jobs that are paying their bills, putting food on the talbe, and being able to take care of the basic necessities in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment