U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 04:40 AM

2,958 posts, read 11,836,346 times

Advertisements

Just to let you know you're not alone....

Not such a terribly illustrative survey, but if you've ever met the [dysfunctional] Taleo online employment application and hate it--you have plenty of company!

Hehehehee Taleo, we hate you! Because you suck and everybody knows it.

Why Do People Hate Taleo? 91% People Do (282 opinions)

(just sayin')

Taleo is so awful I don't know how they stay in business. Gotta laugh to keep from crying.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 04:54 AM

114 posts, read 219,032 times
I personally dislike it because SOMETIMES when its taleo you know you'll be completing a 45 min application not knowing if you'll get hired.lol

Old 06-11-2012, 08:30 AM

455 posts, read 573,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofny26 View Post
I personally dislike it because SOMETIMES when its taleo you know you'll be completing a 45 min application not knowing if you'll get hired.lol
I agree. It takes 15 to 30 mins to fill out an application that will most likely not even be seen by HR. The best way to get a job is to know someone, have a direct HR contact, recruiters, or sheer luck.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,528,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofny26 View Post
This has been my case in 100% of the time.

Most of the time I find out that an application is Taleo, I just skip that one and move on to the next.

Of all of the applications I complete, I make sure the ones I do fill out are NOT a system like Taleo. Those are the call backs that I actually get for an interview.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 AM

7,478 posts, read 6,266,893 times
Precisely.

Taleo is just the largest of the resume black-holes. You can apply all you want, but you'll never hear anything in most cases.

It is also often a clunky system full of stupid bugs, including: when you click "go back to search results" after looking at a job, sometimes you get kicked all the way back to the first page of the search results, job searches that don't really work and show too many or too few results, and our favorite - the resume uploader that then requires you to enter your resume a second time, piece by piece, into certain special fields (education, work experience, etc.) It makes me wonder why people even care about "resume writing" in this era where each resume will be broken down into pieces by the online systems, scanned for keywords, and then (in most cases) ignored. You may as well hand them a piece of paper with contact info at the top and a long list of buzzwords!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Precisely.

Taleo is just the largest of the resume black-holes. You can apply all you want, but you'll never hear anything in most cases.

It is also often a clunky system full of stupid bugs, including: when you click "go back to search results" after looking at a job, sometimes you get kicked all the way back to the first page of the search results, job searches that don't really work and show too many or too few results, and our favorite - the resume uploader that then requires you to enter your resume a second time, piece by piece, into certain special fields (education, work experience, etc.) It makes me wonder why people even care about "resume writing" in this era where each resume will be broken down into pieces by the online systems, scanned for keywords, and then (in most cases) ignored. You may as well hand them a piece of paper with contact info at the top and a long list of buzzwords!
This is actually a good idea!

Well, at least it will stand out from the rest of the resumes and make a memorable impression.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 PM

11,431 posts, read 17,321,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
Just to let you know you're not alone....

Not such a terribly illustrative survey, but if you've ever met the [dysfunctional] Taleo online employment application and hate it--you have plenty of company!

Hehehehee Taleo, we hate you! Because you suck and everybody knows it.

Why Do People Hate Taleo? 91% People Do (282 opinions)

(just sayin')

Taleo is so awful I don't know how they stay in business. Gotta laugh to keep from crying.
I successfully uploaded my resume on a taleo website only for them to require that I manually type in all of the information that was on the uploaded resume. Ridiculous.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,664,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I successfully uploaded my resume on a taleo website only for them to require that I manually type in all of the information that was on the uploaded resume. Ridiculous.
At least you were able to upload your resume. I wasted over 2 hours on an application because my resume would not upload. Only reason I kept trying is that even though the hiring manager had my resume he insisted that everyone has to have a Taleo application in the system before he can schedule interviews.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmi66 View Post
At least you were able to upload your resume. I wasted over 2 hours on an application because my resume would not upload. Only reason I kept trying is that even though the hiring manager had my resume he insisted that everyone has to have a Taleo application in the system before he can schedule interviews.
I did this for an investment banking position since the individuals who referred said I still had to apply online.

When i received the "we've chosen other candidates" email, they simply told me that was the system letting me know they received me resume.

What??

Old 06-11-2012, 02:37 PM

170 posts, read 261,029 times
I thought I was the only one who hated it with pride!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment