Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 01:49 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,101,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
And he was dumb enough to sign the form?

He said he hated his job and wanted to quit....I wasn't going to stop him and he didn't stop himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 09:38 PM

10,637 posts, read 12,196,201 times
I don't have a problem with the co-worker the OP is talking about. Is she lazy? and doesn't do her job? Or does she still do her job and but just 'complains' about having to work in general.

I don't want to work either. And I complain about the frustrations at my job. A lot of my co-workers do to.
But we're also smart enough not to do it around management. DUH.
With management -- I'm all cooperative, love working there, all smiles. Inside I know it's BS.
BUT I also know I need a paycheck. And if I have to work -- uh, and I DO -- this is the job I'd want to have. There's nothing else I'd rather do....except NOT have to work.

I have NO confidence in company management. None of my co-workers do. And amongst OURSELVES we discuss it often.
Morale is bad. Oh management gives lip service to caring about us, but NONE of us believe it. We're all just trying to get to retirement, with as few hassles as possible.

So I go in, do my job, not hating EVERY minute of it -- but preferring not to have to be there -- watch what I say around management, don't do anything extra really, brown-nose just enough.
I have no illusions about it being just a paycheck...which I want to keep coming.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:45 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,858,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I don't have a problem with the co-worker the OP is talking about. Is she lazy? and doesn't do her job? Or does she still do her job and but just 'complains' about having to work in general.

I don't want to work either. And I complain about the frustrations at my job. A lot of my co-workers do to.
But we're also smart enough not to do it around management. DUH.
With management -- I'm all cooperative, love working there, all smiles. Inside I know it's BS.
BUT I also know I need a paycheck. And if I have to work -- uh, and I DO -- this is the job I'd want to have. There's nothing else I'd rather do....except NOT have to work.

I have NO confidence in company management. None of my co-workers do. And amongst OURSELVES we discuss it often.
Morale is bad. Oh management gives lip service to caring about us, but NONE of us believe it. We're all just trying to get to retirement, with as few hassles as possible.

So I go in, do my job, not hating EVERY minute of it -- but preferring not to have to be there -- watch what I say around management, don't do anything extra really, brown-nose just enough.
I have no illusions about it being just a paycheck...which I want to keep coming.
That's about how I feel about my job, except I don't complain to the other co-workers. They complain to me and I almost always agree with what they say, but I don't reciprocate. That is just WAAYYYY too risky. There are all sorts of tattlers and backstabbers. I don't trust any of them at all, regardless of their position within the company.

I wear a fake smile, pretend to like my boss and all of my co-workers, do my work the best I can, and enjoy my paycheck. That is the ONLY reason why I am there, to get paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment