Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:53 PM

455 posts, read 898,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
The bigger question is what will the OP do when their employer hires the co-worker with the nasty BO and a sidekick who constantly passes gas...
That probably won't happen, but if it did that person would not last long here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
OMG!! I think you work with my former co-worker. You can keep him.
Oh god, today was insane. His throat-clearing elevated to such intensity and repetition. Rapid-fire succession. At one point I thought he was choking, and turned around to see if he was ok. I was going to say something, but I didn't want to be rude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
And....they are probably just as annoyed with something you do all day.
I sure as hell hope so. I'd feel like a chump if I weren't paying them back some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
It sounds like you don't have enough to do and so you notice all these little insignificant things.....but you do have a good sense of humor. Have you considered doing stand up comedy? Seriously, you should
I have plenty to do, just not constantly. I spread it out during the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 07:43 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,743,416 times
This forum is funny, the trivial concerns that set you desk jockeys on a tiff are a constant source of amusement.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:50 PM

2,616 posts, read 3,144,625 times
I’ve worked around some great people & some real wackos. I hope I haven’t ever been one of them.

I just did the best I could to tune out the offenders. Don’t start complaining or they may come up with issues about you as well. People are strange critters. Fortunately you don’t have to live with them.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:09 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,874,414 times
Wow!! Those are really really minor. God help your long suffering spouse.

Old 07-30-2020, 04:02 AM

387 posts, read 870,720 times
Young woman with extreme vocal fry, someone else chewing gum with open mouth all day.

Old 07-31-2020, 04:18 PM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post

Coworker 1:
Constantly clears his throat. I mean CONSTANTLY. There is approximately 20-30 seconds between throat clearings. This is an all day, every day occurrence.
Someone I worked with at two different companies (I referred him to the 2nd job, so he followed me from the first one) has this issue. I did not sit by him at the first job and was completely unaware he did this.

But at the 2nd job, I was at one end of a small hallway and he was at the other side. All day long, it was like that throat clearing sound was coming down a tunnel and going right into my ear. Drove me nuts.

I snapped at him a couple times to knock it off and then he was doing it even more. I mentioned the habit once to someone at my first job and they were like, "oh yeah, he did that all of the time!"

Old 08-04-2020, 03:37 PM

32,634 posts, read 47,975,309 times
OP doesn't have enough work to do if he has time to notice every little thing his coworkers are doing.

Old 08-05-2020, 07:51 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
OP doesn't have enough work to do if he has time to notice every little thing his coworkers are doing.
Or, hey, they are just very observant and can do multiple things at one time like chew gum and walk.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:01 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,401,332 times
I usually don’t mind small issues. What angers me is when the coworker starts using abusive or racially discriminatory language.
When I was working in Fayetteville,NC there was this guy in the lunch room who always talked about slave class and master race, and that mentality was a big push for me to leave that branch of the company once and for all. He was not part of my team, or targeting me in any way, but I just can’t reason with professionals who think minorities should always be below them, regardless of the situation.

Old 08-06-2020, 11:05 AM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
The thread is 7 years old. Maybe COVID WFH has taken care of some of these annoyances?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment