Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 AM

455 posts, read 898,444 times

Advertisements

I'm just going to use this as a way to vent some minor annoyances.

I work in an office environment around other people. Naturally, I start to notice small things throughout the day and over a period of time that really gets on my nerves for some reason.

Coworker 1:
Constantly clears his throat. I mean CONSTANTLY. There is approximately 20-30 seconds between throat clearings. This is an all day, every day occurrence. We have a water cooler, however I think he needs something more extreme. Perhaps a nice glass of molten lava.

Coworker 2:
Constantly shifts in his chair. This guy cannot stay still, and is always adjusting his position and doing things. It's distracting, and I just want to yell at him to pick a position and commit to it. I'm considering gifting him a bottle of muscle relaxers (or horse tranquilizers) for Secret Santa this year.

Coworker 3:
Does not know how to walk properly. When he walks through the building, he lumbers and lurches through it, with his footfalls probably creating structural integrity problems in the floor. He looks like weighs probably 150, so this isn't a weight issue. He walks like he has spent a few days in space and is not used to gravity.

Coworker 4:
Is one of those really, really quiet types that doesn't want to bother anyone. I appreciate this. However, when he eats his sandwich that he buys from the Really Loud Sandwich Bag store, his efforts to stay quiet lead to him rummaging through the sandwich bag for extended periods of time because he does not want to bother anyone with an obnoxious bag ruffling. So what would be an annoying, obnoxious (but quick) bag ruffle becomes an extended period of feeble bag ruffling that is just as annoying, if not more.
I am often overcome with an urge to get up, grab the damn thing out of his hands, pull the sandwich out and plop it down on his desk.

Boss:
She talks with another coworker in her office throughout most of the day, and this guy must be a comedic genius because she just sits in there giggling the whole time. Basically, this is her job. Giggling. I think she's making around 80k a year. Must be nice.

That's it for now.
Do you have any annoying coworkers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 08:40 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,060,189 times
No, not any more cause I retired. But why don't you get some headphones and some nice music so you don't hear all these noises?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
No, not any more cause I retired. But why don't you get some headphones and some nice music so you don't hear all these noises?
I need my ears free as part of my job.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:01 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,472 times
Those people might have disorders.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Those people might have disorders.
They're all software developers, so I think you might be right.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,438,458 times
How about the co-worker that sticks his nose in everyone else's business? Yeah, we have one of those here. He is toxic to the work environment, because he's always creating tension. They almost didn't hire him on when the company was bought out by the company we work for now. Apparently he cried in his interview. Yet, some of his previous superiors felt bad and pulled for him to be hired.

And now we are left with this 55 year old emotional dude who prowls around the office asking such questions as, "Where's so and so today?" or "Why are you doing that that way, I was showed to do it this way". This guy is so annoying, I wish he'd get fired or retire. And he wonders why some of us opt to work from home as much as we do.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:49 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,870,986 times
It appears you're working with members of the human race.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Can you find a job working from home?

Old 02-13-2013, 11:55 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,370,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup Sandwich View Post
I'm just going to use this as a way to vent some minor annoyances.

I work in an office environment around other people. Naturally, I start to notice small things throughout the day and over a period of time that really gets on my nerves for some reason.

Coworker 1:
Constantly clears his throat. I mean CONSTANTLY. There is approximately 20-30 seconds between throat clearings. This is an all day, every day occurrence. We have a water cooler, however I think he needs something more extreme. Perhaps a nice glass of molten lava.

Coworker 2:
Constantly shifts in his chair. This guy cannot stay still, and is always adjusting his position and doing things. It's distracting, and I just want to yell at him to pick a position and commit to it. I'm considering gifting him a bottle of muscle relaxers (or horse tranquilizers) for Secret Santa this year.

Coworker 3:
Does not know how to walk properly. When he walks through the building, he lumbers and lurches through it, with his footfalls probably creating structural integrity problems in the floor. He looks like weighs probably 150, so this isn't a weight issue. He walks like he has spent a few days in space and is not used to gravity.

Coworker 4:
Is one of those really, really quiet types that doesn't want to bother anyone. I appreciate this. However, when he eats his sandwich that he buys from the Really Loud Sandwich Bag store, his efforts to stay quiet lead to him rummaging through the sandwich bag for extended periods of time because he does not want to bother anyone with an obnoxious bag ruffling. So what would be an annoying, obnoxious (but quick) bag ruffle becomes an extended period of feeble bag ruffling that is just as annoying, if not more.
I am often overcome with an urge to get up, grab the damn thing out of his hands, pull the sandwich out and plop it down on his desk.

Boss:
She talks with another coworker in her office throughout most of the day, and this guy must be a comedic genius because she just sits in there giggling the whole time. Basically, this is her job. Giggling. I think she's making around 80k a year. Must be nice.

That's it for now.
Do you have any annoying coworkers?

And....they are probably just as annoyed with something you do all day.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM

385 posts, read 615,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
How about the co-worker that sticks his nose in everyone else's business?
I have the opposite problem. I'm in a cube farm and if I have a very... personal... call to make (like to my spouse, doctor, attorney, etc.) I grab my cell phone and go outside for a minute or so. One coworker makes all those calls from his desk, and he's not quiet about it. So, we all know his business whether we want to or not.

Another coworker refers to his wife by epithets - the kind that software developers mutter under their breath when tracking down a particularly annoying (and not always present) bug. He's also not quiet about it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment