Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 PM

58 posts, read 166,129 times

Advertisements

So here is the story. I interviewed for this company during interview season for my grad program, along with about 8 others from our class. A different guy got the offer. Now the guy who got the offer sent an email to the alumni email list saying they are looking for others on the same team. IOW, same team with the managers that I interviewed with. I think I didnt get an offer because I didnt prepare well and messed up the case questions they asked.

Is there any chance in hell they would consider me? I started a different job a few months ago but would much, much, much rather have this job. I like the career path better, along with the location.

I dont know if I would just look dumb doing so. I even have the email of the guy who is the manager of the group and I could ask if they would still consider me, should I go for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 09:26 PM

300 posts, read 1,137,228 times
Sure why not? It just shows you really want the position.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitters_Win View Post
Sure why not? It just shows you really want the position.
What would you say to said hiring manager?

Old 08-11-2013, 09:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xamius View Post
What would you say to said hiring manager?
It depends where you made it into the hiring process. The further along, it may or may not be a good idea (like if you entirely bombed the interview or something.) If it was just early on, you might fair better this time.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It depends where you made it into the hiring process. The further along, it may or may not be a good idea (like if you entirely bombed the interview or something.) If it was just early on, you might fair better this time.
I was to the point where I either had an offer or not. 2 interviews, one at site.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:25 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
I was to the point where I either had an offer or not. 2 interviews, one at site.
Then maybe just maybe it is not exactly a good idea. Who knows if they did not want you on the first set of interviews. Then again it could be you were the number two for the job the first time. It's a crap shoot.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,195,329 times
I don't see why not. I think people do it all the time.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,213,689 times
Quote:
So here is the story. I interviewed for this company during interview season for my grad program, along with about 8 others from our class. A different guy got the offer. Now the guy who got the offer sent an email to the alumni email list saying they are looking for others on the same team. IOW, same team with the managers that I interviewed with. I think I didnt get an offer because I didnt prepare well and messed up the case questions they asked.

Is there any chance in hell they would consider me? I started a different job a few months ago but would much, much, much rather have this job. I like the career path better, along with the location.

I dont know if I would just look dumb doing so. I even have the email of the guy who is the manager of the group and I could ask if they would still consider me, should I go for it?
This happened to me with my first 'real job' out of college. I was rejected, applied again the next year and was hired. Until they flat out tell you no, there is no harm in trying again.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:35 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,683,094 times
i would do it. if you got that far along in the interview process, that means they liked you, just not as much as the guy who got hired (and maybe there were others ahead of you but still, you were probably at least top 5. and the other frontrunners may not apply this time around). if you don't remember obviously bombing late in the process, i'd say that the fact that they already know you a bit as a candidate is an advantage.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 AM

23 posts, read 84,993 times
Default Sure

I mean what have you got to lose really? If they think you are impertinent in any way they won't reply but if you think there's any chance you could still get the job (and I don't see any reason why you shouldn't) then I would email the group manager and maybe let him know that your situation has changed and that you have more experience now and that you would like to see if maybe you are what they are looking for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment