Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 09:51 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,604,230 times

Advertisements

hey how did you know i have HBP??!!

i also have pain in the ***** from the urinary catheter i had in the hospital. maybe im just having a bad day??!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 09:54 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,552,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
hey how did you know i have HBP??!!

i also have pain in the ***** from the urinary catheter i had in the hospital. maybe im just having a bad day??!!
It was a bit of a random assumption! But, yes, you're just not having a good day! This too shall pass ...

Old 10-26-2013, 09:55 AM

manderly--its normal for us but i guess not normal for everyone else...!!! after all we're in The Bronx, NY!!!

we used to have fundraisers where we would have to buy a ticket if we went. i HATED those things with a vengeance

our previous parties were free but if we signed up and then didn't show up we were charged $40. since i suffer from mood swings at any given moment i always declined because i didn't want to have to pay for not showing up

this is the first year we have to pay if we go to a party

Old 10-26-2013, 10:19 AM

4,640 posts, read 11,899,286 times
I'm so sorry about your health issues and losses. Give yourself a break and stop ruminating. Easier said than done, I know, but you've made your decision so try to let it go.

I do understand your anxiety, though. It is coming from the management style you work with. They're trying to manipulate you into doing what they want by creating some uncertainty and veiled threats.

For example, I worked at one place where we had company picnics. Our boss was very clear: go. If you don't you have to use vacation time and it will reflect negatively on your evaluation. Fine. I knew the stakes and could make my decision. I've also had bosses that said things like, "we (who is we?) decided that it would be great if everyone could please come to our party. We reaaalllllyyyy think you should come, etc". What does that mean? Are you planning layoffs based on party non-attendance? Are you considering me for a promotion and now I'm only getting if it I go?

The bottom line is you made your decision. Be at peace with it. For all you know, they could fire you for not attending the party. Or they could fire you after you go to the party. Who knows? Some time will give you perspective.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:25 AM

oh it would be sooo nice to be let go and lose my health insurance which pays for my cancer visits when my entire life revolves around the job and getting better so i can do a better job

and then being let go for something totally unrelated to the job

it just doesn't seem right

and i am all too familiar with that "who is 'we'" stuff that you mention.

to think that my career and life can be snuffed out by somebody who is even younger than i am...

well so far nobody has threatened me but i know for sure that SOMEBODY spoke to my manager about it because he doesn't give a rats *** if i go to these things or not

Old 10-26-2013, 10:27 AM

my manager does not ever include extraneous junk in my performance evaluations which is great. anything he writes has to do with the job i was hired for. last thing he wants is to deal with a rebuttal. hes pretty smart that way

Old 10-26-2013, 02:08 PM

i think this is also being triggered by the return of a former co worker who resigned 9 years ago. not well liked then, she is now going thru a divorce, returned part time but is now starting full time, and one of her responsibilities actually interfaces somewhat with my job and can create needless extra aggravation for no reason

this person had been chummy with one of the narcissists in the past and may be trying to get back into their good graces. shes like many of them, all smiles, then will stab you without a moment's notice. she will block you from expressing dissatisfaction to any higher ups and can easily serve as a "witness" if she had to. actually she is one of several people who had been so difficult in the past that i disengaged myself from those functions. i did it to spite them and i want it to stick. i have no intention of ever returning to those things ever again

im telling you, this is some way to be welcomed back to ones job after undergoing major surgery. how on earth can they expect a cooperation and duty from me when they would never ever return that favor?

Old 10-26-2013, 02:22 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,640,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
i think this is also being triggered by the return of a former co worker who resigned 9 years ago. not well liked then, she is now going thru a divorce, returned part time but is now starting full time, and one of her responsibilities actually interfaces somewhat with my job and can create needless extra aggravation for no reason

this person had been chummy with one of the narcissists in the past and may be trying to get back into their good graces. shes like many of them, all smiles, then will stab you without a moment's notice. she will block you from expressing dissatisfaction to any higher ups and can easily serve as a "witness" if she had to. actually she is one of several people who had been so difficult in the past that i disengaged myself from those functions. i did it to spite them and i want it to stick. i have no intention of ever returning to those things ever again

im telling you, this is some way to be welcomed back to ones job after undergoing major surgery. how on earth can they expect a cooperation and duty from me when they would never ever return that favor?
I think you need to see someone, you have more issues than the holiday party.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:34 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,732,644 times
I have never heard of a company charging for a christmas party, but that does not surprise me anymore.

That being said, I have always known that it was expected that you attend holiday parties, whether you wanted to or not, it was an unwritten rule and to not do so was a good way to make some powerful enemies, which it sounds like you already have made. Add in the fact that you are a supervisor and I do not know how you could not see it as a unspoken mandatory deal, not going may be breaking the last thread keeping your job in your hands at this point.

I will also agree with others, it sounds like you have more problems than just the party, it sounds like you have an unhealthy dislike for all of your coworkers, you may want to take a look in the mirror and see if maybe you are the problem, as opposed to everybody you work with.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:37 PM

so ill live in the street WTF do i care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment