Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 04:08 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,613 times

Advertisements

This individual is extremely insecure and childish. She has procrastinated my training for several months now. I landed in this company from out-of-state and apparently because she is a small town local she views me as some kind of threat, so she uses a variety of devices to keep me down. She has been let go from 3 jobs because of her conniving ways and once her incompetence is discovered. She conned her way into a manager position and with no training has decided to adopt a management style of distance and intimidation. She bullies her way through and then turns into a crybaby when upper management confronts her about her dirty tactics. Management seems unaware this so-called manager could set them up for a lawsuit, due to her bullying tactics and hot temper and unstable emotions. I dreamed all my life of landing a job like this, and I have to work under a turd for an immediate supervisor. The boss over her is terrific, but I am very reluctant to go to her with this problem. Some ideas about how to make things better, day by day, long term, short term, something...how to stay out of her way and expose her for what she is, finally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 04:23 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,742,215 times
Karma, it will hit her hard. Good luck.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:36 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,732,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Karma, it will hit her hard. Good luck.
Thanks. I've tried to get re-assigned to another place in the company twice. That fell through. I don't want to go part time and lose my benefits just because of this nightmare walking around on two legs.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:40 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,742,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Thanks. I've tried to get re-assigned to another place in the company twice. That fell through. I don't want to go part time and lose my benefits just because of this nightmare walking around on two legs.
I've known people just like her, sooner or later it all catches up with them and they usually fall and can't get up. She sounds like someone I knew that went through it recently, and the entire time I had a feeling it would. When it happened I wasn't really all that surprised.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:54 PM

595 posts, read 2,703,859 times
Went through a similar situation and the person is currently out for an indeterminate time on leave. It's been blissful. All I can tell you is what the others have said. Sooner or later her issues will catch up to her. Keep your head down, do your job to the best of your ability, and document everything with dates and notes. If you show you can rise above her nonsense and do a good job despite her, it will only look better on your performance. Good Luck...

Old 01-30-2014, 09:14 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,694,559 times
What exactly is going on with poor management? These threads are a common occurrence everywhere and not just on CD. You would think management would try to be even more accountable in this economy but it's clearly not the case with their behavior.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:22 PM

659 posts, read 1,173,737 times
As the manager above her for s "special assignment" or an opportunity to telecommute

Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,694,559 times
It's unprofessional for her to lose it emotionally like that at the workplace. She must either have a connection who helped her secure her job, or the management above her really, really like her. I have had coworkers who were written up for shedding a few tears on the job and were given negative feedback about their emotions during reviews.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
yes i have had some real monsters. the most gratifying thing is when i passed them all up so many years ago but did not become like them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment