Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:32 AM

181 posts, read 384,543 times

Advertisements

Seeking information of what reasonable compensation for a Marketing Assistant in the DC area (Arlington, VA) to be specific, with this job description.

The Marketing Assistant supports the Content Manager in updating web content and engaging communities of fans on social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. He/she is responsible for helping to build a strong, engaged community to help support our business goals, including:
•Building awareness for the brand and speakers
•Encouraging engagement, i.e., likes, retweets, etc…
•Driving traffic to our .com
•Generating positive buzz and interest around our speakers

This position will also support the Marketing Coordinator in managing the CRM database.
SPECIFIC TASKS & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
Social Media (50%)

•Help manage social media communities, working with the Content Manager.
•Assist Content Manager with editorial and ensuring web content is up-to-date.
•Help to grow our community followers, friends and subscribers within current social networks and by identifying emerging social networks and platforms.
•Recommend creative approach/strategy for social media executions in support of marketing objectives.
•Responsible for creating and maintaining reports on community elements on a monthly basis (and ad hoc reports as necessary) to describe community activity and growth.

CRM Database Management (50%)

•Assist in updating material on database, including biographical profiles, testimonials, images, fees, addresses, contact information, topics, tags and other product info (articles, introductions), as requested daily, in the database.

Other Responsibilities include…

Sales Lead/Info Box Management

•Forward leads from to appropriate sales team member within 2 hours of receipt.
•Process “unsubscribe” requests weekly by updating information in database contacts.
•Forward other e-mails received in “in box” as appropriate.

Other

•Attend sales meetings, speaker meetings, marketing meetings, and other meetings as requested.
•Organize coverage of job tasks during time off and assist in providing coverage for other team members as requested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 09:37 AM

402 posts, read 743,867 times
Use Glassdoor to look up salaries specific to the company, but I would be surprised if this were more than a $40K job even in Arlington.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:37 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,592,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdiagnosis View Post
Seeking information of what reasonable compensation for a Marketing Assistant in the DC area (Arlington, VA) to be specific, with this job description.
$10/hr in most cities; $15 in DC Metro.
Despite the vocabulary and verbosity... this is nothing more than low level office support.

It might lead to more, and they might even want the person hired to later qualify for more...
but the ad reads like they're looking for a sucker impressed by titles.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:43 AM

Thanks for the info guys...Yeah, they were pretty wordy with the description.

I'm not looking for a paycut...

Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 AM

18,073 posts, read 18,714,846 times
I would not even say $15 in DC; actual admin assistant jobs w/experience and education are going for that.

I do not see what the qualifications are, what are they?

I agree; a lot of fluff for what amounts to a support job. Not dismissing the merit of this being a job, could lead to soemthing big, much better than sitting around, and much better than all of those "volunteer opportunity/intern opportunity" BS "jobs" advertised there.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:04 AM

Did a little more research, and it seems their cap is $38k...doesnt say much on the qualification; essentially entry level I suppose.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:14 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,719,431 times
ouch. i applied to a crm analyst job with a local university here.... it's range was 28-37K.... i was like "ugh, no thank you"

in arlington, 38K is chump change.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:20 AM

87 posts, read 261,223 times
I would guess $12-$15 per hour in DC.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:05 AM

Found another I may be want to consider...any ideas on what this may pay for the DC area.

The Team Coordinator role requires strong attention to detail, a tremendous amount of initiative and organizational skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced innovative growth environment. Not only does the position require and afford a high degree of independence, but you’ll also work with an amazing group of fun and talented people.

The Team Coordinator will:
Manage daily administrative operations for the office
Assist with multiple aspects of the attorney recruiting process, including managing a recruiting database, screening applicants, conducting introductory phone interviews, scheduling interviews, conducting diligence and overseeing orientation
Manage relationships with Axiom attorneys
Assist with execution of marketing events (such as client roundtables and client or attorney social gatherings)
Ensure data integrity by managing and updating information in our client and attorney database

Our ideal candidate
Has exceptional educational experience and at least one year of relevant business training.
Is highly detail-oriented and exhibits outstanding judgment, initiative and professionalism.
Thrives in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with a broad-based set of responsibilities.
Is a strong and proactive communicator who works well in a team environment.

Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent organizational and prioritization abilities; meets deadlines
Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office suite (including PowerPoint and Excel)
Meticulous attention to detail
Incredibly proactive; able to anticipate and resolve issues
Resourceful; works independently in an entrepreneurial environment
Thrives in both individual and team environments; highly developed “EQ”
Eagerness to learn; ambition to take on more responsibility
Organizational fit for the Axiom culture, that is, exhibit the core values of Committed, Fresh, Irresistible, and Thoughtful
Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located

Education
Bachelor degree required

Old 10-18-2013, 10:11 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,719,431 times
the job description sounds like a fancy admin asst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment