Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 02:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,093 times

Advertisements

he is having people sigh a paper saying that if they are tardy or absent from work and do not have 40 hours a week he will move them to part time and take away there benefits. Can he even do that! if not what should i do? I live in Oregon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 04:04 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,351,509 times
Why couldn't he do that? No one is guaranteed work, or full time hours. If they aren't working 40 hours, then they likely shouldn't get benefits.

It sounds like tardiness and absents are an issue at your job. If he's showing up and on time, they should be too.

If there's one thing I've realized, is that many employees are worthless, which is why this section gets so much action.

It's not that hard to show up to work, and show up on time, of course, stuff happens, but not NEARLY as much as people use excuses for.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:07 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,351,509 times
Loved a thread a while back...

"I ran out of my two weeks of sick pay, what do I do?"

Like, some people have serious medical conditions, and that's fine, but for the average healthy person? No.. Try not smoking or drinking, not eating crap, and exercising, and not being obese, and see how much less often you become sick.. Or, using sick days when you don't truly need to.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:22 PM

18,082 posts, read 18,678,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Loved a thread a while back...

"I ran out of my two weeks of sick pay, what do I do?"

Like, some people have serious medical conditions, and that's fine, but for the average healthy person? No.. Try not smoking or drinking, not eating crap, and exercising, and not being obese, and see how much less often you become sick.. Or, using sick days when you don't truly need to.
I had a temp assignment in DC once and I got sick more times over the few months than total in my life it seems. A few times it was just the dry throat, stuffy nose, and general fatigue and still went to work. Other times it was cannot even get out of bed. I missed a week of work total over it.

I blame the metro system and being around all the people. A person could not even go anywhere in that town without running across people openly sick. I went shopping and the girl at the cash register was so sick, she was hardly even functioning.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,093 times
Thanks i really just wanted to know before i sign anything. We had a huge snow storm hit Oregon and some people at my work missed a couple days and he threw them on part time because "they are not reliable enough for full-time" then wrought this paper up. Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment