Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 01:20 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
There's this gorgeous new girl at work and I really want to ask her out, but I don't know how to approach her. We don't always work in the exact same place because my company works in different parts of a large soccer stadium.

First of all, do you think it's a smart idea in the first place to ask out a co-worker, and secondly what's the best way to ask her on a date without making her feel uncomfortable or disliking me? How can I improve my chances of her saying yes?
Improving your confidence would be the first place to start. Then go after the babe.

SS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 01:23 PM

658 posts, read 723,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
There's this gorgeous new girl at work and I really want to ask her out, but I don't know how to approach her. We don't always work in the exact same place because my company works in different parts of a large soccer stadium.

First of all, do you think it's a smart idea in the first place to ask out a co-worker, and secondly what's the best way to ask her on a date without making her feel uncomfortable or disliking me? How can I improve my chances of her saying yes?
This is a hit or miss. It could end well or very badly depending on how you approach. I would definitely engage in communications with her through forms of emails or others but it must be first related to work. Don't jump right in and ask her out which will creep her out. Start slow and moving at a slow pace day by day...until she gets comfortable with you and know you're a nice and professional gentlemen. Then move from there.

Old 02-24-2015, 01:28 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,105 times
Dating someone you work with is one of the worst things you can do in your professional life. Work and play need to be kept as separate as possible.

I'd be curious to know what the ages are of the people that met their spouses at work. Having grown up in the sexual harassment era, dating a coworker has never been a consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameridreamNoT View Post
This is a hit or miss. It could end well or very badly depending on how you approach. I would definitely engage in communications with her through forms of emails or others but it must be first related to work. .
Pursuing this woman by email is about the worst thing you could do... ready made evidence for HR in the event things go south.

Old 02-24-2015, 03:29 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,017,733 times
My last company had tons of couples.

My creedo: Don't dip your pen in the company ink.

Maybe it works for some. It didn't work for me. Too much expectation and not enough experimentation.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:05 PM

2,116 posts, read 3,046,958 times
Don't do it. There is no happy ending to this story.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:36 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,311,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynldsbr View Post
Don't do it. There is no happy ending to this story.
But what if there is? Mind blowing

Old 02-25-2015, 08:54 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
But what if there is? Mind blowing
Such a slim chance of a 'good' outcome...WHY go there?

Old 02-25-2015, 09:17 AM

658 posts, read 723,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Dating someone you work with is one of the worst things you can do in your professional life. Work and play need to be kept as separate as possible.

I'd be curious to know what the ages are of the people that met their spouses at work. Having grown up in the sexual harassment era, dating a coworker has never been a consideration.

Pursuing this woman by email is about the worst thing you could do... ready made evidence for HR in the event things go south.
email on work related...when you get to know someone at work...you just talk about work first... not asking out through using emails.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:24 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,844,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
no no no no no. There's other fish in the sea. Even if it starts out innocent...........if you're calling her "the gorgeous new girl," you're obviously way interested even at the beginning.
This just has disaster written all over it.
Fell for a gorgeous hunk at work, guess what? He was "dating" several other gals at the same time. Yikes and yikes. Total womanizer.

I did come out of the mess with a little dignity. Would be great if we could meet someone at work and fall in love, Except it is bad when one partner is in lust and one is in love.

You have to be a brave soul and have nerves of steel to survive a workplace romance. (If it goes bad, really bad.)

So I would have to agree....NO NO NO NO.

Too bad, seems like it would be a great place to meet that certain someone. Remember Adam and Eve?
Ah, temptation, get out of there and run, take a walk, jog do something!!!!!

Can't believe I am saying this on CD; this is a great topic, makes me feel a little better about my blunder!!!

Old 02-25-2015, 12:01 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,017,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Fell for a gorgeous hunk at work, guess what? He was "dating" several other gals at the same time. Yikes and yikes. Total womanizer.
I simply don't understand this and it isn't just the workplace. I see women do this all the time. They go for the most gorgeous guy walking and it's like they don't think, "hmmmmmmm...I think he looks gorgeous, fairly certain I'm not the only one."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment