U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 06:49 PM

2 posts, read 973 times

Advertisements

I was an employee of a facility for one year and two months. I received a raise in January for good work. Never had been in trouble at the company etc. I Worked with a few other employees and looked after the animals and cleaned the facility. Due to the ongoing witnessing of abuse and neglect of the animals by the other employees, I recently voluntarily resigned over the phone. I made the call to the Boss stating that I have voluntarily resigned because I found work elsewhere and that I will return the key to the facility. The boss stated that he wanted the key mailed back and hung up on me. Few minutes later I received a text message from him stating " when I get the key back I will mail your check at the reduced rate we discussed ". No such discussion had ever taken place between me and him during my entire employment there. I messaged him back that no such discussion had ever taken place. He then stated that he wanted a resignation letter, key, tshirt and my address before he can give me my check. I responded that I do not agree with that and that I will send back the key and T-shirt by certified mail. I already called the labor department right after he texted me about the supposed discussion that has never took place. They told me to not respond to him anymore and to file a wage claim when I return the key, shirt and receive my check if it shows a low pay rate. Had anyone ever experienced this situation before? What was your outcome?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 08:20 PM

3,232 posts, read 3,461,120 times
I don't think so but I saw your post and did the same thing today...guess I'll find out when they get back to me. However if it was not in writing then you can take them to court.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:42 PM

2 posts, read 973 times
No written or verbal discussion ever took place of it. I'm going to file a wage claim if I receive a check that doesn't have all the hours at the rate that I was currently making.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:23 PM

10,666 posts, read 18,071,651 times
Most states provide for you to file a claim for the agreed rate of pay. Contact your State labor agency. If OT is involved for the week involved then Fed Wage Hour may be able to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment