Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 05:40 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,046,002 times

Advertisements

Was it rude of the server at Shari's Restaurant to cop an attitude at me when she was walking by me and I've asked her that if she had a moment would she give me a refill on my drink and then she would cop an attitude at me telling me she was busy and her attitude has caused my face to turn red?

Then she later apologized for her attitude and she told me that she doesn't like it when people are calling her when she's on her way to help another customer, sadly she was the only server available and the incident happened at sometime around 10:30-11pm at night and it was on a weeknight

Another issue I have at Shari's Restaurant is that the servers tend to give you your bill as soon as your food arrives and I don't like to feel rushed when I'm dining at a restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 06:13 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,251 posts, read 8,616,742 times
Don't go back

Old 02-02-2008, 06:25 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,324,340 times
You know what, I don't put up with BS like that from someone whose job it is to take care of me the customer. Honestly if you want to be snarky, don't work in that role, not just a waitress but people in stores.

I worked for YEARS in retail, I am not the NICEST, sticky sweet person out there but I managed to keep it under control and be nice even when the person was yelling, screaming and waving their arms at me. One time I had a guy waving his arms at me, he had me cornered up against the wall that was covered with knives. I was alone in the store and the other customers were so shocked they just stood there and stared. Even in the face of this, I was NOT rude.

I expect courtesy and helpfulness and will not let rudeness just pass. If your having bad day, see a therapist, don't take it out on your customers.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:16 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,193,863 times
Odd, she apologized, then in a since, took it back by saying what she did not like. She was the person of concern in the exchange. That I do not like.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:44 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,653,235 times
The customer is always right- even if they are wrong.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:47 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,324,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Odd, she apologized, then in a since, took it back by saying what she did not like. She was the person of concern in the exchange. That I do not like.
She apologized because she knew her tip would be effected.

I had a server one time who was HORRIBLE through the entire meal, then at the last minute she got nice, it was TOO late.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:21 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,487,801 times
One waiter for an entire Shari's is a bit low.

Your call on how to take it. She has a decent reason, and being hurried sucks.

Also, if they drop the bill off immediately, it may just be that they're busy and won't really be able to come back quickly to give it to you. Its not a 'rush' thing.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 PM

311 posts, read 1,055,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Don't go back
x2

Why take out your stress on your customers?

Old 02-02-2008, 11:52 PM

I also work in retail and I don't always get to deal with the nicest customers but I just try to suck it up and leave it be, I have a strong mentallity and there are times when I work under alot of pressure, this waitress I've had obviously was only in her waitressing job just for the money.

I am really sorry to hear about your experiences with a customer wo had you cornered up against the wall that was covered with knives, that was very unpleasant and uncalled for of the customer doing so, props to you for not being rude to the customer, I've had my share of the angry customers and all what I can do is just to be as nice as I can be and hope they'll end up calming down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
You know what, I don't put up with BS like that from someone whose job it is to take care of me the customer. Honestly if you want to be snarky, don't work in that role, not just a waitress but people in stores.

I worked for YEARS in retail, I am not the NICEST, sticky sweet person out there but I managed to keep it under control and be nice even when the person was yelling, screaming and waving their arms at me. One time I had a guy waving his arms at me, he had me cornered up against the wall that was covered with knives. I was alone in the store and the other customers were so shocked they just stood there and stared. Even in the face of this, I was NOT rude.

I expect courtesy and helpfulness and will not let rudeness just pass. If your having bad day, see a therapist, don't take it out on your customers.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:54 PM

It sure is, sadly the management isn't always there to help the servers cause they're too lazy, none of the other restaurants I go to would drop the bill immediately after you get your food, there should always be two servers available at all hours of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
One waiter for an entire Shari's is a bit low.

Your call on how to take it. She has a decent reason, and being hurried sucks.

Also, if they drop the bill off immediately, it may just be that they're busy and won't really be able to come back quickly to give it to you. Its not a 'rush' thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment