Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 04:02 PM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
The travel time to the therapy place is about a hour including wait time for the train. I just found out they close at 7pm so now I have if the therapist is there at 7pm so I can stop using sick time.
That's messed up, is that really the closest place you can go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 04:06 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That's messed up, is that really the closest place you can go?
That appears to be the case.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:51 PM

167 posts, read 168,413 times
Quote:
My manager was saying HR may contact me in regards to half sick day requests
Now that the cart has run a long way down the hill past the horse....

Did HR even contact you?

If not, this is a bunch of wasted energy.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:55 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Senor View Post
Now that the cart has run a long way down the hill past the horse....

Did HR even contact you?

If not, this is a bunch of wasted energy.
Not yesterday but let's see what happens this week.

Old 04-28-2018, 04:57 PM

167 posts, read 168,413 times
Quote:
Not yesterday but let's see what happens this week.
Then quit wasting time on it.

Old 04-28-2018, 06:17 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Forget about sick time abuse, how about maternity abuse? I've worked at a company for 3 years and started at the same time with this woman. She probably worked less than 6 months total in the 3 years that I've been there. She just kept popping out kids year after year. They had to hired temps for her every year while paying for her leave. This is why many tech companies don't hire much women.

Old 04-28-2018, 09:03 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Back in late December I had a leg injury which led to me having to go to therapy once a month. So my manager brought to my attention that HR maybe contacting me because it was too many request for half sick days in the past 5 months. I thought if documentation was attached to the Leave Request it wasn't a issue.

Too many half sick day request?

You’re not sick. Schedule your therapy after work. It’s like going to the dentist. Unless you have a infection

Old 04-29-2018, 06:37 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,584,478 times
Did you talk to your boss about this beforehand? And ask about how to handle this? If not, you should have, and if so, they should have told you how to file the appropriate paperwork. I’d answer questions if asked and provide documentation as requested but otherwise not worry about it. They probably audit patterns of absences.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:03 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Back in late December I had a leg injury which led to me having to go to therapy once a month. So my manager brought to my attention that HR maybe contacting me because it was too many request for half sick days in the past 5 months. I thought if documentation was attached to the Leave Request it wasn't a issue.

Too many half sick day request?
BS...If your medical provider sent you to OT or PT it is part of your medical treatment. I'd contact DOL and see what your rights are. United States Department of Labor: Frequently Asked Questions

Or both DOL and....Workers Comp if it is a job related injury.

Old 04-29-2018, 08:46 AM

9,454 posts, read 5,216,910 times
What??? Generally, earned/accrued sick time can be used for doctor/dentist appointments, and IMO that would include physical therapy (in my organization, that's covered). Although I do actually try to schedule appointments after my work day, I often cannot, so I use my sick leave. Or, I adjust my schedule and work a 'split,' where I go to the appointment and come back and work. I've had some issues lately with a dental implant and have been back and forth with these folks trying to get it right, but I've also informed my boss, so if any concerns are raised, he is aware of what's going on. That said, I have now informed the dentist that the work needed to conclude this procedure is going to have to take place AFTER my work day, because now I feel this is a bit excessive; plus, it takes me away from my work when we are very busy. HR should be able to give you a detailed explanation. I did work for a city entity once where sick leave WAS looked at. If you created a pattern (calling in sick every Friday or Monday, for example) someone would say something. There was a threshold but I forget what it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment