Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 05:29 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,991,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
The job market is excellent. Take advantage of it. Grab the severance, and move on. Assume your boss is LYING, as given how obtuse this vague new description of your role is, the boss is likely lying.

Stop asking for more info. Liars lie all the time. That will not change.

If the job market were bad, trying to stay onboard would make sense. It's not, and not aggressively searching for new work makes no sense at all.

You owe your present lying boss nothing beyond work for hours paid. Nothing.

It depends on the field you're in and the area of the country actually. A more metropolitan, higher income area sure. The more rural depressed area, things are different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 04:52 PM

177 posts, read 131,809 times
Now my manager is nitpicking at me for little small things if I’m away from
My desk for more than a few minutes I was late last week by 10 minutes due having stomach issues and she sent me a nasty email
Her overall attitude is just very nasty towards me for some reason especially lately

Old 06-04-2018, 05:00 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,118,708 times
You're done. Look for another job ASAP.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:16 PM

Why me though..I’m trying to go over in my mind why am I the target

Old 06-04-2018, 06:11 PM

5,117 posts, read 6,100,457 times
You are not 'The Target' She has probably been told if she cracks the whip she can save her own job. Or they are looking for ways to not offer the reassignment they held out to the group. Maybe there are 10 of you and only 5 alternate positions so they need to have a reason to get rid of 5 of you. (Or maybe there are 2 or none) And she may be doing it to everyone and they just haven't caught it yet.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:25 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,665,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieontheblock86 View Post
Why me though..I’m trying to go over in my mind why am I the target
Why do you care?

Your current job is over. It's like a rabbit that's been shot in the head, and is still kicking around from the last neural impulses wildly firing randomly. But it's dead.

You need to stop worrying about this job and find a new one, stat. Do what you can to keep the rabbit kicking for as long as you can, but it will stop, and a lot sooner than you think.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:10 PM

997 posts, read 711,134 times
Just do everything they ask of you with a smile when the boss is looking. Don't give them a reason to fire you. Maybe you will get a severance. The writing is on the wall, keep your head low and start your search.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:30 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,589,359 times
Quote:
Now my manager is nitpicking at me for little small things if I’m away from
My desk for more than a few minutes I was late last week by 10 minutes due having stomach issues and she sent me a nasty email
Her overall attitude is just very nasty towards me for some reason especially lately
Could be that she is trying to get you to quit early before laying you off to avoid paying unemployment/severance or something like that.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:33 PM

Yes I believe this ...from what I hear my
Company is laying off people everyday about 30-50 people a day it’s crazy
And they do give severances to everyone that is laid off

Could be that she is trying to get you to quit early before laying you off to avoid paying unemployment/severance or something like that.[/quote]

Old 06-04-2018, 07:44 PM

469 posts, read 637,691 times
Quote:
Yes I believe this ...from what I hear my
Company is laying off people everyday about 30-50 people a day it’s crazy
And they do give severances to everyone that is laid off

Could be that she is trying to get you to quit early before laying you off to avoid paying unemployment/severance or something like that.
[/quote]

It is every man for himself at your job. Focus on getting a new job and getting out of that toxic environment. Who cares what think or why they are doing what they are doing. They are not nice people and you need to save yourself right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment