Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 11:26 AM

4,423 posts, read 2,983,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
McDonalds maybe the largest but bottom line it's business model needs refreshing. I am no business genius, but it doesn't take one to see their model has to change........do I care if they do? No, but I am just offering my two cents as an occasional customer and while I travel quite a bit and occasionally grab a quick bite at McDonalds on the road I have visited some stores that are spot on unlike ours in town. For that once or twice a month we get meals for everyone we continue to go inside as it is 50/50 if the order is correct.

They are attempting to stay relevant and in the game. They recently offered a pretty sweet education package for its employees trying to attract a younger workforce. Looking at that link provides other links that offers news on their dividend payouts and sales numbers. Which looks like it contradicts the doom and gloom original link!

McDonald's Triples Crew Tuition Assistance for Restaurant Employees, Lowers Eligibility Requirement to 90 Days | McDonald's Corporation
You are definitely not a business genius. If you were you would know that mcdonalds is still by far the most successful fast food chain in the world and their business model has been changing constantly over the past decades to stay the largest. Like offering 24hr breakfast and non frozen fresh beef. All things a business genius would know and you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 01:08 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,939,051 times
The lefties are pushing for McDonalds employees to get paid $15 an hour. So if I was the head of the company, I would get rid of just as many frontline staff as possible. Labor eats up profit. Automate, automate, automate. That includes cooking.

Old 06-09-2018, 01:53 PM

15,953 posts, read 12,364,259 times
The problem with McDonalds is the food simply sucks... that chemical tasting bun is the biggest culprit. In fact even better tasting burgers like Culvers have this same problem.. the "fast food" tasting bun cant be hidden in an otherwise great burger with non frozen beef, that bun just kills the experience. If more places had bread as good as Jimmy Johns...

Old 06-09-2018, 03:04 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,151,462 times
And whose grubby fingers were on that Kiosk pad before you order from it, so do we have to carry disinfectant and paper towels to wipe the pad down before ordering? Also what about people who are disabled in some way for instance my husband can barely see, How does he order from a Kiosk?

Sounds like a stupid solution to me, even though I agree those manning the counter get it wrong much of the time, at least that has been our experience.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:22 PM

34,218 posts, read 17,304,429 times
Kiosks and robot burger makers will be coming soon, and help improve McD's profitability.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:31 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,259,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Kiosks and robot burger makers will be coming soon, and help improve McD's CEO's bonus check.
Fixed it for you.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Labor eats up profit.
If that's true, why does the CEO's bonus check keep going up? That eats up profit too, but nobody appears to complain about that.

Quote:
Automate, automate, automate.

The CEO's job could be easily automated.

All they need is an AI with subroutines for layoffs and golf, and that's all is needed.

Of course, they NEVER talk about that. Only the working stiffs get their jobs automated.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
Fixed it for you.

also improve franchise Income Statements

Most McD's are privately owned.

I wish all had kiosks now..

Old 06-09-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Exactly. I much prefer ordering from a kiosk. Far more likely to get the order right, at least on the ticket.

I think it's one of the reasons doing transactions online is so much more popular than doing them over the phone. Just take out the intermediate step that is the source of so many errors.

Old 06-09-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
also improve franchise Income Statements

Most McD's are privately owned.

I wish all had kiosks now..
Yes, and those privately owned franchises buy food and services from McDonald's corporate, increasing the CEO's bonus check.

They'll buy the kiosks from McDonald's corporate, again increasing the CEO's bonus check.

I see a pattern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment