Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 06:59 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,323,092 times

Advertisements

Some people just don't want to hear what they don't want to hear. Most people just want to hear sweet comments no matter what. No offence.

From my own experience: Eat less. Exercise more. Problem solved for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 07:18 AM

140 posts, read 109,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
Ughh...weather I lose or gain weight. it's none of anyone's business. Weather I decided to do something about it, is up to me and my business. unless you're my doctor, or some extremely close to me then I don't need you pint it out and embarrass me. worry about your own weight. Not to meantion, the said co worker is isn't slim herself. It's always overweight people that feel like they have the right to comment on others weight. like why don't get your ass into the gym and work on your weight before worrying about others
This is the answer to your own question, dear.

Sometimes, you have to teach people how to treat you. A delivery, similar to this, at the time of the offense would have served you well.

You're the one holding the power in this personal matter, not your boss.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:22 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Simple response

I can lose weight, you can't lose stupid.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:44 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
Ignore it and move on. Choose to not be offended.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:45 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Wonder if all the people on the forum who act like the OP should be thanking the coworker for pointing out her weight gain routinely go around telling people they're fat. Must make for an interesting life.

If people would THINK before they speak (is your comment:
True
Helpful
Inspiring
Necessary
Kind)

wouldn't we all be happier?

Old 04-08-2019, 07:55 AM

1,782 posts, read 1,553,691 times
Some people can't handle the truth.

Old 04-08-2019, 08:14 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Report her to whom and for what?
For singing " Oh my gosh, look at her behind"

Old 04-08-2019, 08:24 AM

8,666 posts, read 3,866,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It's a bit early to report something like this. As another poster mentioned, the OP needs to tell her coworker what she told us:

"Comments like this are hurtful and my clothes already tells me I'm gaining weight and don't need her to point it out."

If that doesn't work, then it may be time to escalate. But try to work it out first.
And how would you recommend ‘escalating’ a situation involving a rude comment from one co-worker to another? (And report what, exactly?)

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 04-08-2019 at 08:36 AM..

Old 04-08-2019, 08:55 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
One of my co workers said I'm getting fat and she was like look at your behind..referring to my butt since I'm pear shaped and bottom heavy. I'm 5'3 and about 136 lbs. Used to be lighter but gained few pounds

Ofcourse I was offended by it. when she asked me for something I said no, you called me fat. Then she was like oh you look good. The extra pounds suits you. You're not fat.I will let it go for now but she makes those remarks again I will report her

Would they overlook this ? Comments like this are hurtful and my clothes already tells me I'm gaining weight and don't need her to point it out. Should I report her?
Your co-worker's an idiot. Mature and intelligent people know better than to insult their colleagues.

I would avoid interacting with her; be polite but cold and don't engage in idle conversation.

But, you might let her know politely but firmly that you prefer not to hear comments about your physique. I would make a note of the time and date of the first interaction, and keep a running record of future such occurrences. Be prepared to share with your supervisor, if she causes you trouble.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:25 AM

250 posts, read 182,042 times
I wonder what the comments would be on this thread if the co-worker criticized her race/ethnicity. Why does fat shaming get a free pass?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment