Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 02:30 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
I agree. And my point still stands. You can't address one without acknowledging the other. Many women play the same game, just different positions.

I don't think it's "many" women who lie about this. I already acknowledged a few bad apples, just as with everything there are a few bad apples. But as I said they are the exception, not the rule. There are probably some people who lied about being abused by priests too because there might be money to be had, but it was a small fraction compared to those who were actually abused. I don't think it's any different with this.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:33 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,069,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No one's arguing that it's hugely prevalent. I said in my response to the OP that it wasn't as prevalent as she seemed to think, per her original post. Whom are you arguing with? lol. We're pretty much all in agreement, that not all women are harassed in every workplace, or even half the women in every workplace. Or half the women in half the workplaces, lol.

What's your point, exactly?
Question posed by this thread is: do you think sexual harassment is really that common in American employers? My answer is: no it's not.

And yours? Besides writing childish lols all over the place?

Old 06-03-2019, 02:34 PM

804 posts, read 545,449 times
The way I see things if somebody has something against you or they feel they are better then you. Only then you will have problems like that. Also it is a very broad law. Ignore it and pretend you do not have any idea about those things.

Last edited by DanArt; 06-03-2019 at 03:10 PM..

Old 06-03-2019, 02:36 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Question posed by this thread is: do you think sexual harassment is really that common in American employers? My answer is: no it's not.

This I don't agree with at all. I think it's much more common than anyone would have believed.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:40 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
"Sexual harassment happens to everyone, men too"

The above quote is from poster named "prickly bear" on page 3.

Companies don't bring in external consultants to prevent sexual harassment, but rather to manage risk.
Way to take a statement out of context, and twist it to fit your agenda. If you want to give the impression you're only here to argue (or "stir the pot" as they say ), that's the way to do it. As you can see from the line quoted, the poster meant, that men as well as women can experience sexual harassment.. S/he wasn't saying that every worker gets harassed. THat's ridiculous, and you know it.

Not sure why you'd object to someone pointing out, that good sexual harassment guidelines benefit male workers as well as women; it's not a gendered issue. Or are you ok with men being harassed at work?

Old 06-03-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:

As I said, I think all of us agree, that it's not as prevalent as the OP said. Not sure why I have to repeat this. I'm not sure why you're here, since everyone agrees, that while it's not as prevalent as the OP's impression from the media (which I quoted earlier. I won't quote it again), it's nevertheless a serious issue. And everyone (but you, apparently?) is also agreed, that men as well as women can be victims of it.

All very reasonable and factual statements. What is it you're taking issue with? We've answered the OP's question. It's the same as your answer.

OK, are we done now? /thread?

Old 06-03-2019, 03:00 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Just because it's zero tolerance policy ..Doesn't mean squat! .

I was bullied at work by two female Co workers ..both sending lewd and x-rated emails to my account. It was harrassment . Yet our male boss said.. Nov3 ..being a little prudish are you?

I knew then that I couldn't count on a policy or a superior to resolve the incidents.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:06 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
Quote:
Way to take a statement out of context, and twist it to fit your agenda. If you want to give the impression you're only here to argue (or "stir the pot" as they say ), that's the way to do it. As you can see from the line quoted, the poster meant, that men as well as women can experience sexual harassment.. S/he wasn't saying that every worker gets harassed. THat's ridiculous, and you know it.

Not sure why you'd object to someone pointing out, that good sexual harassment guidelines benefit male workers as well as women; it's not a gendered issue. Or are you ok with men being harassed at work?
This isn't a gender issue for me. I could care less. I'm a business owner. I care because of potential state overreach, more than it already is due to hysteria.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:07 PM

Quote:
As I said, I think all of us agree, that it's not as prevalent as the OP said. Not sure why I have to repeat this. I'm not sure why you're here, since everyone agrees, that while it's not as prevalent as the OP's impression from the media (which I quoted earlier. I won't quote it again), it's nevertheless a serious issue. And everyone (but you, apparently?) is also agreed, that men as well as women can be victims of it.

All very reasonable and factual statements. What is it you're taking issue with? We've answered the OP's question. It's the same as your answer.

OK, are we done now? /thread?
Classic. Just one post above you ocnjgirl disagrees and says IT IS more prevalent.

And, Birdie Belle who posted a link that says 80% of all women have experienced it.

Or the 61 year old who says it's "way more prevalent"

Or the one who claims everyone is sexually harassed.

It appears, we're not all in agreement......

Old 06-03-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Classic. Just one post above you ocnjgirl disagrees and says IT IS more prevalent.

And, Birdie Belle who posted a link that says 80% of all women have experienced it.

Or the 61 year old who says it's "way more prevalent"

Or the one who claims everyone is sexually harassed.

It appears, we're not all in agreement......
She didn't claim everyone was sexually harassed. That was explained to you twice, So...why are you still repeating the same misinterpretation?

Birdie Bell's link included street harassment in the stats; it wasn't limited to harassment at work. Did you read the article?

You're a great spin doctor. Still not sure why you're trying to stir up controversy on a thread where the responses to the OP have been pretty straightforward. I guess some people need their daily drama fix...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment