Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 02:56 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IForgotMyOldAccount View Post
That's the point its called misdirection. OP intentionally wrote a post about Kroger employees being pissed and mentions the $20 gift. Lack of info leads people to believe that is why they are mad. OP then chooses not to offer more information or explain the reason for disgruntled employees because it would weaken his narrative. He allows the public aka people like you to assume employees are mad over $20 gift, but that is incorrect.

So yes he didn't lie, but it is still BS.

It takes less than 1m google search to uncover the truth. Kroger and union were fighting over contract renewals. Instead you have an entire thread posting stupid ignorant comments like get a new job or explaining the difference between a gift and a bonus

A correct response would not be platitudes, broad answers or holy **** the amount of straw mans posted. No you directly respond to the complaints employees have period. The fact that this crap has gone on this long well not surprising here, but wow.

I do find it a tad bit of an eye opener when essentially you have an entire thread bashing essential workers that are complaining about current working conditions during a pandemic. I do find it strange that people here think an employee shouldn't complain after a reduction in pay. The OP knows what is going on with Kroger and posted here to vent. The rest who reply derailing have no bloody excuse since again it takes less than 1m to google search.

But yeah be gullible and think they are mad at a $20 gift and not respond to the tough questions like why did Kroger cut hazard pay 2 months into the pandemic, why they did not accept Union proposal until threatened to strike...yes tensions were that bad employees threatened to strike. OP doesn't mention that OK I rest my case can't partake in this stupidity any longer have fun discussing easier topics that have absolutely nothing to do with disgruntled Kroger employees.
You sound very angry. Are you a Kroger employee?

Old 11-26-2020, 03:54 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
My Company owes me a paycheck twice a month. Anything more is just extra.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:23 PM

45 posts, read 40,945 times
My line of work has remained uninterrupted by COVID and my pay steady. I don't have anything serious to complain about.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:39 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
As usual, we received our "Thanksgiving" bonus. $20 gift card. (Kroger group stores) and then the whining began:
"That's not enough to buy a turkey"
"Wow, twenty bucks, big whoop"
"This one cheap company"

I just sat and shook my head. One person asked me what I thought. I replied "Imagine walking down the street and finding a $20. You'd be happy, right?"

"Well yeah" he replied

"Then treat it like that!" I said......frigging whiners....
Quote:
That's the point its called misdirection. OP intentionally wrote a post about Kroger employees being pissed and mentions the $20 gift. Lack of info leads people to believe that is why they are mad. OP then chooses not to offer more information or explain the reason for disgruntled employees because it would weaken his narrative. He allows the public aka people like you to assume employees are mad over $20 gift, but that is incorrect.

So yes he didn't lie, but it is still BS.
First, I don't work for Kroger (applied years ago) but not hired.(I work in plastic mold injection. I have posted before about items we have made)
Second, the gift cards were from Kroger store group (Which there's quite a few)
Third, you now have shown how to totally misread a post. "Pro tip, if you're not sure, ask for clarification" (which you obviously didn't)

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-27-2020 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Personal attack; inappropriate language.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:52 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
I do find it strange that people here think an employee shouldn't complain after a reduction in pay. .
Covid premiums were announced as temporary additions to pay. When temporary extra pay ends, it is not a reduction in pay, unless the base pay at the time becomes less than the base pay before the covid TEMPORARY premium started.

If folks do not know what temporary means, they have far larger problems than those being discussed here.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:53 PM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
My Company owes me a paycheck twice a month. Anything more is just extra.

Old 11-26-2020, 05:06 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
First, I don't work for Kroger (applied years ago) but not hired.(I work in plastic mold injection. I have posted before about items we have made)
Second, the gift cards were from Kroger store group (Which there's quite a few)
Third, you now have shown how to totally misread a post. "Pro tip, if you're not sure, ask for clarification" (which you obviously didn't)

[Snip.]

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-27-2020 at 11:18 AM..

Old 11-27-2020, 05:26 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Covid premiums were announced as temporary additions to pay. When temporary extra pay ends, it is not a reduction in pay, unless the base pay at the time becomes less than the base pay before the covid TEMPORARY premium started.

If folks do not know what temporary means, they have far larger problems than those being discussed here.
People forget that part, that it was temporary.

But as quite a few people got more on unemployment and stimulus money than working they conveniently forgot that they needed to work too.

And if you're not happy with $20 from Kroger then left yourself up and get a better job.

Old 11-27-2020, 10:55 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Folks, I thank you all for the responses. I can understand some would sneer at the gift card amount. As I don't make that per hour, it was pleasing to me, but if I was making $40+ an hour, I too might sneer or feel slighted by the amount.

However, a gift is still a gift and appreciated. As some pointed , my employer has to pay me nothing beyond my normal rate of pay. If they give more, then it's all to the good.

I have mentioned my job type. Let me say that we are in a very thin profit margin market, similar to retail stores. In some other companies I know of, ot and some benefits are hard to come by. That is why I do like my company.

I now ask the moderator to shut this thread down as it's starting to unravel a bit and I'd rather it didn't. Than kg sgain for the responses and have a nice weekend and upcoming holiday season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment