Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,556 times

Advertisements

can anybody give me an example as to what customer service experience would be? Would an administrative position count?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,885,194 times
I would stretch it to mean any position in which you have had to deal with the public, or with existing customers/clients of an organization.

Key skills being looked at would be good verbal & written communication skills, presentable appearance, good problem-solving skills, a decent ability to calm down people who may be angry or frustrated, someone who doesn't easily get upset when confronted by people making demands. It might also include sales skills, depending on the job.

By "administrative" experience, do you mean something like a receptionist? If so, I would think that would count as customer service, if you can give examples to them of the things noted above.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:20 AM

2,589 posts, read 10,551,105 times
agree with any position that deals with the public, but then would expand it to anyone that supports those dealing with the public. That way if someone that deals with the public needs something from someone deeper in the organization, then that person deeper in the organization is directly affecting customer service based on how they support the one that dealt with the public directly

(wow - after reading that it sounds like a riddle, but I'll let it stand as written)

Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM

308 posts, read 1,616,846 times
Most people consider it any position that requires interaction with the public. Really narrows it down, eh? I've even seen resumes/job applications where people post their job at McDonald's as customer service experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment