U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 04:01 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,118,836 times

Advertisements

I sent a resume to a job I saw on craigslist this past week and a lady called me and it was an agency (which I try to avoid because they are a joke). She said this job was for one of their biggest clients, but she didn't know exactly what they wanted. She asked me to explain to her what they wanted. Which I did. She said she would get back to them and then back to me that day so we could proceed. I heard nothing from her so I called her at the end of the day. She said she did not hear back from them and was going to contact her client the next morning and get back to me. Two days later and nothing. I called her late yesterday and the receptionist asked me who I was and put me on hold for about 15 seconds and told me she was unavailable and transferred me to her voicemail. What do you make of this? I have my own thoughts but am curious as to what you think. Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 06:54 PM

5,848 posts, read 9,881,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
.....(which I try to avoid because they are a joke).
I think that says it all. I think if things were going to work out (even if potentially), you would have heard from her..... Remember, they get paid for filling positions - there would be no reason for her NOT to call you if the position was a right fit.

Just my .02 of course.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
I think that says it all. I think if things were going to work out (even if potentially), you would have heard from her..... Remember, they get paid for filling positions - there would be no reason for her NOT to call you if the position was a right fit.

Just my .02 of course.
Yeah. You are right. I think she milked me for information and then probably gave the job to one of the 8 million other people who have already signed up with them under false pretenses.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:40 PM

1,915 posts, read 6,883,026 times
Forget about it and move on.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Forget about it and move on.
Movin onnnn.......

Old 07-12-2008, 08:50 PM

763 posts, read 2,157,508 times
Agencies aren't necessarily a joke. Some employers will only hire through an agency.

But, never use an agency that wants you to pay them.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:36 PM

421 posts, read 3,100,968 times
Having managed a recruiting agency, I can tell you that that the reason she isn't getting back to you is probably because the company isn't getting back to her, which happens quite a lot! They decide to hire on their own, they get a referral, HR slaps their hand for going to an agency, another agency filled it...tons of reasons.

The reason she didn't want to talk to you is very likely because people don't believe it when a recruiter tells them that!

If you had to explain the job to her, its unlikely she understands enough to pick another resume over yours and anyway recruiters never object to sending more than one resume over. Clients almost always HATE getting just one resume!
Hope that helps

Old 07-13-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panks View Post
Having managed a recruiting agency, I can tell you that that the reason she isn't getting back to you is probably because the company isn't getting back to her, which happens quite a lot! They decide to hire on their own, they get a referral, HR slaps their hand for going to an agency, another agency filled it...tons of reasons.

The reason she didn't want to talk to you is very likely because people don't believe it when a recruiter tells them that!

If you had to explain the job to her, its unlikely she understands enough to pick another resume over yours and anyway recruiters never object to sending more than one resume over. Clients almost always HATE getting just one resume!
Hope that helps
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment