U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 12:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,791 times

Advertisements

I am a 40 year old Civil Engineer. I have wife (looking after home) and two kids (school going). In the beginning of my career, I worked with a civil construction contractor specializing in Railways. For last 14 years, I have the privilege working in an Oil Refinery. Pay is good in terms of standard of living of the location. I brief my work experiences in Refinery henceforth. I was in the projects for initial 4 years. Upon start of Refinery operation, I shifted to Procurement and contracts cell. Ever since, I am working in the department of procurement / work contracts / warehousing / Inventory. I have a year of experience of Refinery Civil Maintenance in between. Additionally, I have implementation / administrator knowledge of ERP (Enterprise resource planning) of SAP and RAMCO systems. I am highly skilled in computer and data analysis. Currently, I am the sole Item master Governor for the Refinery. Periodically, I carry out inventory analysis like FSN, ABC, XML etc. till desired goal is achieved in terms of carrying optimum inventory. I have good knowledge in finance, taxation too. I have command over rules and regulation and an internal auditor for ISO-9001, ISO-14001 and OHSAS-18000 standards. I have prepared many approved SOP (standard operating procedures) in purchase / contracts / warehouse / inventory in the refinery.

After, 14 years of work in single location (remote area), I am looking to forward for a change (my current refinery do not have other location).

Please help me realize my potential as I have not tried for a job change for a long time.

1) How can I get a good job given the vast experiences that I have across different areas.
2) Which core experience, I should emphasis? I have personal liking in Inventory management.
3) How and where do I search for a new job?
4) Worldwide, where can I re-locate to offer my best service?
5) I have not made a resume yet. How should I have one?
6) How much should I ask for in USD for my service? I shall re-locate with my family.

I shall be ever indebted with your sincere reply.

Thanking you in Advance.
Yours Truly.

Pankaj Saikia

Last edited by pankajsaikia; 07-14-2008 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: re-formating, spell check
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment