Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:53 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,842,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
yes, because starting drama at work will make everything MUCH better.
Like its not already there by him ignoring it, come on, lets not ignore it. thats what we been doing to too much of this and that is why this keeps growing. These kind of people keep festering, no one stops them, or asks them to Put up or Shut Up!. This Country has forgotten what Personal Responsibility is all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 09:21 PM

93 posts, read 288,140 times
Sinsativ, I completely agree with you, and I was trying to give you some rep, but it keeps telling me to spread it around! Ridiculous! But, I just wanted to thank you for what you're saying!

Old 09-21-2008, 09:22 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
yep i hate it when people complailn and i complain about it too.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times
Obviously you joking about it, isn't going to help anything.

Tell it like it is and compromise on something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61-OH View Post
Oh, and I'm not trying to belittle him. If I was trying to do that, I would just yell at him to shut up when he was complaining. haha jk I wouldn't do that!
But, the other day he started complaining and I said, "Do you want a little cheese with that whine?" haha It made me laugh, and he laughed too, but then he just kept on complaining. lol My mission was unsuccessful!

Old 09-22-2008, 04:27 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,242,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Like its not already there by him ignoring it, come on, lets not ignore it. thats what we been doing to too much of this and that is why this keeps growing. These kind of people keep festering, no one stops them, or asks them to Put up or Shut Up!. This Country has forgotten what Personal Responsibility is all about.
Why don't you come to my workplace and tell all of the people there that hate their job to stop complaining about it. it would go over really well.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:28 AM

203 posts, read 928,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 61-OH View Post
But, the other day he started complaining and I said, "Do you want a little cheese with that whine?" haha It made me laugh, and he laughed too, but then he just kept on complaining. lol My mission was unsuccessful!
Nice start, but not good enough. You must learn the fine art of changing the subject. Talk about anything but work: what he did for the weekend, his/your hobbies, life goals wishes etc. And keep changing the subject(you are now officially "deaf"!).
People get stuck in a rut and really don't want to be miserable so help him get out of it. When people complain at my work(and rightly so, most of the time), i usually say, "oh really, i love this job" , "Great pay, great benefits and we can pick our hours and days off!"(people need to be reminded of the positives too).

Admittedly my job is a piece of work but becoming part of the "chronic complainers"..........doesn't help anyone and usually brings ya down anyway

Old 09-22-2008, 06:54 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,754,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
People have the right to complain. Sometimes people get stuck in circumstances that they do not like at all and complaining is naturally going to occur. It is pretty normal actually.
The great thing is that people also have the right to change whatever it is that they do not like about their circumstances, especially when it comes to their job. Although I must say that his attitude would have to change as well, as that is probably the real reason he is still working in a pizza joint and living in his moms basement right now.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:08 PM

763 posts, read 2,262,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overtaxedunderpaided View Post
When people complain at my work(and rightly so, most of the time), i usually say, "oh really, i love this job" , "Great pay, great benefits and we can pick our hours and days off!"(people need to be reminded of the positives too).
I do the same thing, but usually get an "FU" out of the deal. I asked one guy who was complaining about our job and talking about how good it was elsewhere, "Then why don't you go there?" "I don't want to live there! It sucks!" (This was the same guy who told me how much better Canada is than the US for having socialized health care and how we needed it, when I asked him why he thinks it would work here when it's failing in Canada, he replied "Because we're better than Canada!")

Old 09-22-2008, 07:42 PM

266 posts, read 1,108,788 times
You will encounter this attitude many times over from now until you retire. There are a lot of people out there that will complain about their job for any reason, or no reason.

Ignore it and walk away, or just listen to the raves, it doesn't matter. It will continue. You can't change them, you can only change you. By that I mean, change jobs or learn to live with it and not let it bother you. You have to grow thick skin in the working world.

It's good that you have a plan for yourself and ambitions in life. So smile and feel sorry for that person, knowing that you will get out of there and move on to bigger and better. The complainer probably won't.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:53 PM
zt1

13 posts, read 30,287 times
I will give you the same advise I have given to each fellow employee that complains about their job to me, Deal with it or go somewhere else
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment