U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:17 AM

335 posts, read 1,079,010 times

Advertisements

So yesterday was administrative assistant day.

I had the day off so when I got in today I had a card waiting for me with some cash from my supervisors and co-workers. My card said:

Ode To a Special Administrative Professional

Thanks for being organized when others fail to be. Thanks for your performance and your punctuality.

Thanks for all the things you do that others simply can't. Thanks for being cool and calm while others rave and rant.

Thanks for doing mindless tasks that make you wanna cuss.

Mostly, Thank you very much for putting up with us.
Happy Administrative Professionals Day.

My boss wrote...You're the best!

It is soooo nice to be shown some appreciation even though I think I'm just doing my job. This goes a long way. I guess this is the reason why I've been at this job for more than year at such a low wage. But the perks I get at this job does compensate for the low wage.

Has anyone else gotten recognition from their supervisors/bosses or co-workers??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,655,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir_ny View Post
Has anyone else gotten recognition from their supervisors/bosses or co-workers??
This is what State of Alaska employees received from Governor Sarah Palin.

"Dear Fellow State Employees,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank a group of individuals for their tremendous contributions to our state and the citizens of Alaska – our administrative and secretarial professionals. Each day, our administrative professionals contribute a great wealth of knowledge, organizational skills, and tools needed to conduct business in Alaska. To all of the administrative and secretarial professionals within the state of Alaska, please accept my heartfelt thanks for your selflessness, your dedication, and your willingness to serve our great state. Today, as we celebrate Administrative Professionals Day, I urge all state employees to join me by thanking their administrative and secretarial professionals for a job well done.

Warm regards,

Sarah Palin
Governor"

Old 04-23-2009, 01:52 PM

That is a pretty cool message to send out to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilkoot View Post
This is what State of Alaska employees received from Governor Sarah Palin.

"Dear Fellow State Employees,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank a group of individuals for their tremendous contributions to our state and the citizens of Alaska – our administrative and secretarial professionals. Each day, our administrative professionals contribute a great wealth of knowledge, organizational skills, and tools needed to conduct business in Alaska. To all of the administrative and secretarial professionals within the state of Alaska, please accept my heartfelt thanks for your selflessness, your dedication, and your willingness to serve our great state. Today, as we celebrate Administrative Professionals Day, I urge all state employees to join me by thanking their administrative and secretarial professionals for a job well done.

Warm regards,

Sarah Palin
Governor"

Old 04-23-2009, 05:44 PM

2,364 posts, read 10,856,446 times
Yeah it is nice to be appreciated!

And it would be even nicer if it was a day to day thing...

but I got a card and a small money card from my internship, so that was nice!!

Quote:
So yesterday was administrative assistant day.

I had the day off so when I got in today I had a card waiting for me with some cash from my supervisors and co-workers. My card said:

Ode To a Special Administrative Professional

Thanks for being organized when others fail to be. Thanks for your performance and your punctuality.

Thanks for all the things you do that others simply can't. Thanks for being cool and calm while others rave and rant.

Thanks for doing mindless tasks that make you wanna cuss.

Mostly, Thank you very much for putting up with us.
Happy Administrative Professionals Day.

My boss wrote...You're the best!

It is soooo nice to be shown some appreciation even though I think I'm just doing my job. This goes a long way. I guess this is the reason why I've been at this job for more than year at such a low wage. But the perks I get at this job does compensate for the low wage.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:11 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,164,531 times
Yes, I got the gift cards, breakfast, plant, luncheons, ice-cream and kudos for doing a swell job. My company celebrate Happy Staff Appreciation day; so everyone gets appreciated. We had a great week full of gifts and treats.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:07 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,713,835 times
I got fired yesterday....nice admin. assist. day after working for the company for a year and a half.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea12345 View Post
Yeah it is nice to be appreciated!

And it would be even nicer if it was a day to day thing...

but I got a card and a small money card from my internship, so that was nice!!

Very True!!

Old 04-24-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arussell View Post
Yes, I got the gift cards, breakfast, plant, luncheons, ice-cream and kudos for doing a swell job. My company celebrate Happy Staff Appreciation day; so everyone gets appreciated. We had a great week full of gifts and treats.

This is even better! what company do you work for?? (jk)

Old 04-24-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDGIRL View Post
I got fired yesterday....nice admin. assist. day after working for the company for a year and a half.

I'm so sorry! Hope you find another job soon!

Old 04-24-2009, 08:42 AM

2,040 posts, read 3,713,835 times
Quote:
I'm so sorry! Hope you find another job soon!
Thank you, it just occured to me what yesterday was when I saw this thread. I had had no idea that this was going to happen. I am sure I will find something soon. I am just trying to be positive and staying focused on the job search.

To everyone else, glad you had a nice day. It is always nice to feel appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment