U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 01:48 PM

185 posts, read 156,111 times

Advertisements

Engineer? Soundproof his cubicle space? Put a soundproof bubble around your space?

Never mind my humor, unless either of those options can be done. I feel for you. Hmmm, I would just tell him to shush. If he's a nice guy, he'll probably understand. Don't tell him how bad he is at whistling, just be like, I can't work with this noise. He may simply be oblivious to it. Some offices, people can be noisy and nobody cares. Be friendly about it. Umm, if that doesn't work? Time for cubicle wars. Though, I have to admit that whistling and noise wouldn't bother me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 01:59 PM

917 posts, read 1,184,181 times
-I deal with a woman who yawns loudly any chance she gets and takes every call on speaker phone, including calls on her cell. She refuses to close the door to her office so I feel your pain

Old 02-17-2015, 07:33 PM

2,590 posts, read 1,993,831 times
Plug his desk computer into a "Clapper".

Every time he gets loud enough, his pc will reboot. Hopefully he won't have saved any data before.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:36 PM

28,029 posts, read 13,188,507 times
The OP hasn't been on c-d since November 2009, a few months after posting this thread, so it appears he went over the edge.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:42 PM

902 posts, read 1,016,800 times
I worked with someone who would whistle an annoying tune throughout the halls and in our tiny room that had two other desks. Then sometimes he'd start tapping and slappin' his hands around like he was a one man band. It really is annoying, and I never found the courage to ask him to politely stop. I'm a chicken about confrontation as I hate the fact that it can make things awkward, no matter how nicely or politely you tell the person what's on your mind.

Once someone did ask him (jokingly) to stop, and he got the hint. But he started up a day later again.

I started wearing headphones or I'd leave to take a 'break' whenever he'd start, and luckily he'd get the hint then, too, and just stop. Maybe that'll help you, OP.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:53 PM

8,776 posts, read 10,507,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjury15 View Post
I worked with someone who would whistle an annoying tune throughout the halls and in our tiny room that had two other desks. Then sometimes he'd start tapping and slappin' his hands around like he was a one man band. It really is annoying, and I never found the courage to ask him to politely stop. I'm a chicken about confrontation as I hate the fact that it can make things awkward, no matter how nicely or politely you tell the person what's on your mind.

Once someone did ask him (jokingly) to stop, and he got the hint. But he started up a day later again.

I started wearing headphones or I'd leave to take a 'break' whenever he'd start, and luckily he'd get the hint then, too, and just stop. Maybe that'll help you, OP.
We have an older guy where I work who whistles all the time. Not a tune or anything, just a whistle. I honestly don't think he even realizes he's doing it but early in the morning you can hear him half way across the store. And it's a BIG store. Well, we always know when he's around and he can't sneak up on us! lol Maybe it's like a Tourettes (sp) type thing with this guy. He's not really annoying so nobody complains.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:22 PM

3,180 posts, read 3,908,375 times
Does the guy have Tourette's or something?

I'd lay a note on his desk, signed ''Ann Onymous'', saying ''Your whistling and humming are very annoying. Please stop it or we will go to HR with a formal complaint.''

Old 02-25-2015, 01:14 PM

137 posts, read 147,278 times
Don't go postal on us. I don't want to see that kind of "news" on the national reports later today. Enough of that bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment