Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:31 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,197,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Commissioned sales people on the floor. $100K+ a year. Not selling cars.

I'm sure that the people you are "coaching" must feel really great about your opinion of them, as my guess is that most if not all fit into one of the four categories you listed earlier.

By the way, you don't have the personality to be successful in retail.
Do i have the personality to be successful with you after midnight?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 01:50 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,906,873 times
TVSG, it appears to me that you are simply not educable and that's been apparent from day one. You scan posts and read what you want to read but only respond to those contributors who agree with you and otherwise ignore everything else as being irrelevant or else indulge in childish "repeat" repartee or likewise childish repartee along the lines of, "oh he/she really likes me," along with silly sexual innuendos because you have nothing better to say.

Feel free to report this post if you perceive it as a personal attack. I have no problem with it being removed.

I trust your new position works out well for you. Bon chance and cheers!

Old 05-22-2009, 01:52 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
TVSG, it appears to me that you are simply not educable and that's been apparent from day one. You scan posts and read what you want to read but only respond to those contributors who agree with you and otherwise ignore everything else as being irrelevant or else indulge in childish "repeat" repartee or likewise childish repartee along the lines of, "oh he/she really likes me," along with silly sexual innuendos because you have nothing better to say.

Feel free to report this post if you perceive it as a personal attack. I have no problem with it being removed.

I trust your new position works out well for you. Bon chance and cheers!

If you want to get to know me better I can send you my email in a PM

Old 05-22-2009, 02:00 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,928,173 times
Original question was :

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
Anyone know of any good retail chains to work for (as management)?

All you ever seem to hear are negative...
TVSG responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Retail jobs are for

highschool dropouts
people with highschool diplomas
teenagers
college students during the summer

That's about it
Fishbrains countered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
You are wrong. If you are thinking of retail as the guy who stocks the shelves, or the person at the register, yes, those jobs have low entry requirements.

Managers of retail stores need to know not only a great deal about their product, but accounting and finance as well. Most will have college degrees, and depending upon their store size, position and industry, will make a reasonable wage.

Some companies are know for working managers to death. Others are quite good.

A manager of a big box store will make a very good living, well above median income for the area.
TVSG, who apparently STILL did not read the original post thoroughly, retorts:

Quote:
Now you know what the hell I'm talking about, I'm talking about the positions that are sales people on the floor or cashiers or stock people. Are you going to tell me those positions pay a $100,000?? Because if so I will go into retail

This person is looking for retail MANAGEMENT. You want to bash regular retail jobs, fine, but that is not the topic of this thread, so start a new one or go find an old one about it.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
Original question was :

TVSG responded:

Fishbrains countered:

TVSG, who apparently STILL did not read the original post thoroughly, retorts:

This person is looking for retail MANAGEMENT. You want to bash regular retail jobs, fine, but that is not the topic of this thread, so start a new one or go find an old one about it.

Ok I missed the management part. All I saw was retail and then responded.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
acj

30 posts, read 105,631 times
I don't see how anyone can hate on someone who is trying to go out and make an honest living. If that is an individual working in retail, then so be it. Quit looking down upon them.

TVSG, grow up and stop acting like making a grip of money defines who they are.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Ok I missed the management part. All I saw was retail and then responded.
My point exactly. You respond to basic headlines but not to further content. When you do espy a last post you click on there and post yet another childishly retaliatory barb. You're 33 Years old? Scary.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:24 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
My point exactly. You respond to basic headlines but not to further content. When you do espy a last post you click on there and post yet another childishly retaliatory barb. You're 33 Years old? Scary.
What childish about me trying to get to know you better offline?

Old 05-23-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
What childish about me trying to get to know you better offline?
What (sic) childish ...? If the question is, "what's childish ..." then the answer should be apparent.

Your posts CAN be amusing for many different reasons but probably not in the way that you perceive them to be.

If for any remote reason you feel compelled to address me personally you could always send me a direct message and take the chance that you may or may not receive a response. Warning, though, I'm almost old enough to be your grandmother! Good luck in the new job.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:51 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,208,599 times
Quote:
Do i have the personality to be successful with you after midnight?????
Maybe in your dreams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment