Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 03:53 PM

110 posts, read 212,636 times

Advertisements

Hi.
I'm sure this is not a new subject, but I want to know if I am the only one who despises their job, or if it is a widespread occurence (?).
I like what I do, but I have no respect for anyone with any authority in the company I work for. My manager is constantly attacking me and using me as a scapegoat. Well, I could go on...
Is your job something you do just to survive and nothing more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 04:31 PM

96 posts, read 620,290 times
Hated the last place I worked.The owners son was the manager, and he would come out on the shop floor call us all idiots and throw things.It was almost a relief to be laid off.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:51 PM

36 posts, read 96,811 times
I hated my last job and even though I've been out of work over a year, been through hell and back with family illness, lost my financial stability, and am starting to lose my emotional stability... I honestly would NOT go back to that position. Leaving was the right choice at the time.

- definite Medicaid/Medicare/insurance fraud, told by management to "be creative" with my billing

- was recruited for one position, turned it down, was offered another position, accepted, showed up, signed papers, started work and was told they filled THAT position internally and assumed I'd take the original position instead, i agreed on conditions that I'd only have a small caseload, by day 2, I had a FULL plus caseload

- i worked 60 hr weeks for 15 k less pay than my previous job with clients who were used to being able to use their time with me for things other than billable services with NO help from the transferring therapists and with treatment records needing updating for EVERY patient due the first two weeks of my work

The people, despite that one lazy therapist, were incredibly nice and kind and I erally think it was only the owners/upper management who were so dysfunctional. I left with them owing me half of my earnings. They gave me a bad reference one time (said they wouldn't rehire, ha), and I wondered for a while if maybe that's why I couldn't get another job. I started leaving them off of my resume. It was such a short time (8 weeks) anyway that it really added no new skills to my experience.

Anyway, yes, I hated that job, I would literally be driving home singing "I HATTTTTE my job, I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE My job"

etc, etc.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:11 PM

10,835 posts, read 14,949,106 times
95% of the time I like mine.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:41 PM

850 posts, read 1,547,335 times
One thing is for sure, I would be loving any job I have right now with this economy.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:24 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,816,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert62 View Post
I am the only one who despises their job
This is very unhealthy.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:27 PM

111 posts, read 346,373 times
I rather enjoy what I do for the most part. Some days I get totally mad about stupid, moronic people (be it customers or coworkers), but mostly I can just blow them off.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:11 PM

110 posts, read 212,636 times
Charles, are you referring to my grammatical structure? I was in a huge hurry when I started the thread. Philosophically, I'm not suggesting we all declare that we all hate our jobs. What I want to know is that I am not the only one. I have to stay in a job where I am continually debased because I must pay our bills. It would be comforting to know that other people are in the same predicament. I fester about how much I hate my job, but then I imagine that surely I am not the only one.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:01 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,816,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert62 View Post
Charles, are you referring to my grammatical structure? I was in a huge hurry when I started the thread. Philosophically, I'm not suggesting we all declare that we all hate our jobs. What I want to know is that I am not the only one. I have to stay in a job where I am continually debased because I must pay our bills. It would be comforting to know that other people are in the same predicament. I fester about how much I hate my job, but then I imagine that surely I am not the only one.
No, not the grammar.

It is unhealthy to be in a high stress environment. Stress is very unhealthy. I suppose not having a job is more stressful than having a high stress job.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,848,853 times
Be grateful you have a job....many don't. And there are probably 50 people in line ready to fill your job should it become available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment