Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Worst Customer Service
DMV 6 16.67%
USPS 4 11.11%
TSA 10 27.78%
Other 16 44.44%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:07 PM

45,380 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

I sent a letter to the store manager, it was Hecht's by the way which was a large local department store, with a copy to the corporate headquarters. Mentioned my income in it along with my/our purchase profile.
I received a response from the local store, which didn't really apologize, just made some inane comment about it being "regrettable" and hoping that I/we would continue to patronize them. Maybe four sentences.
Never heard from corporate. It was awhile before we went back.

Unfortunately many businesses in this area have pretty much the same attitude. When we first moved to MD in the early 80s the banks still had the 9 to 2 hours Monday through Friday and no ATM service. We came from rural (really rural) PA where the banks hadn't done those hours for years and had had teller machines for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,949 times
USPS is the only choice listed that I really consider to be a customer service company. TSA and DMV aren't really businesses, and unfortunately, don't really have to develop customer service skills. I'm not a customer of them any more than I am a customer of the police department or the IRS.

I'd have to put AT&T right up there, that would be my pick if the poll were still open. USPS is bad, but not bad everywhere. Not too crazy about American Airlines after my most recent experience flying.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:28 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
HOw about Buy Here Pay Here used car lots?

All furry foreigners who speak broken english trying to sell you cars that look great on the outside but are disasters waiting to happen on the inside

I remember I called to inquire about a used 2004 Nissan Altima I found online. And the guy said "No, we sell Nissan Altima already, don't call here again" In very broken english

Glad I didn't buy there

Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
How about Straight Talk wireless?
I tried to cancel an order, the woman tells me it's been canceled.
Today Fed Ex tried to deliver the order. I called customer service and he told me the order wasn't canceled.

It doesn't help that the people are in India and I can't understand them and they can't understand me. I sent off a letter via snail mail and hopefully someone will contact me soon.

I should have known better than to trust a wireless company affiliated with Wal-Mart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment