Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 08:19 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

I own a small part-time photography business in my home, but due to lack of business/finances, I have been seeking a full-time job in the career area that I use to do. On my resume, I'm showing the name of my business as my current employment but am not showing that I own the business; only showing my position as a photographer and office. Was wondering if I should change that and put: Owner-Photographer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 09:18 AM

Still waiting for some comments or suggestions

Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I own a small part-time photography business in my home, but due to lack of business/finances, I have been seeking a full-time job in the career area that I use to do. On my resume, I'm showing the name of my business as my current employment but am not showing that I own the business; only showing my position as a photographer and office. Was wondering if I should change that and put: Owner-Photographer

Yes, I would put it down as Owner - Photographer, better yet, put down the name of the company you used and then put "owner". When you interview they will ask you questions about the company and may wonder why you didn't list it as such. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:58 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
To bridge a possible gap in employment, put it on. However, I don't think it will help you in your job search as it has nothing to do with your experience in logistics and supply chain.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:29 PM

Well, the business is still going (somewhat) and I now have my position in it as "Owner-Operator".
A very tiny bit of history now: We bought this very nice $800 digital camera while living in Colorado. I took some photos of chickens/ducks (in cages) at the State Fair and framed them. In taking the photos the way I did, there is no cage seen in front of these animals. The realitor that we bought our house from in Colorado, seen these pictures and said they were "very cool" and I should try to sell some. So, along with the chickens and ducks, I have also taken numerous other photos of wildlife, mountains and other scenery. Though I was taking these photos, I continued to work full time in a Logistic Department for a healthcare company. When we moved to North Carolina in late 2007, wife and I decided to try out this in-home photography business.......BUT, I was still searching for a new job in Purchasing/Inventory (Logistics). Part of what I do for this business is "purchasing" because I buy all the photography supplies. I also keep a small inventory of photos that I take (on a USB Saver).
So, even though the "photography business" really isn't going very good, I keep it as my current employment! However, I am about to try selling some of my photos on a "photo-selling" website. Wife/I discussed it and we don't want to do weddings/birthdays/anniversaries. Can be to, to much of a pain working with the public today like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment