Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2021, 07:58 AM

585 posts, read 494,814 times

Advertisements

My friend is setting up interviews for her company and she setting them up through Indeed because she said Indeed collects fees for interviews and hiring. The resumes only have an Indeed email and no phone #’s or addresses. Only the town they live in. Some names I can’t even pronounce. Many seem maybe Indian. I would think you would want to call and do a phone interview first but she has been putting in a time and they confirm it. Then it’s a video conference through the app. Are some of these resumes fake or overseas? One he did say was in India but the town listed was local in NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2021, 08:19 AM

1,085 posts, read 691,398 times
It all depends on the subscription she’s using, but yes - there are garbage resumes on there.

I’ll always grab the name and pull them on LinkedIn if the resume seems a little thin.

Old 12-09-2021, 09:51 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,223,976 times
There are also non-jobs out there, job postings that have the successful candidate selected way in advance.

Old 12-09-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
There are also non-jobs out there, job postings that have the successful candidate selected way in advance.
Entirely irrelevant to the thread topic, and also not very likely - as the employer would be paying for that posting. Indeed is crap about taking postings down once they have been filled. However, the ones you’re speaking of are going to be posted internally on the employer site.

When I worked for a F100 in the past, we had to post every job for 5 days, even if it was an internal promotion. So the person who earned the promotion through their own hard work still had to apply and interview. What a waste of time.

Old 12-09-2021, 02:59 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,878,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
My friend is setting up interviews for her company and she setting them up through Indeed because she said Indeed collects fees for interviews and hiring. The resumes only have an Indeed email and no phone #’s or addresses. Only the town they live in. Some names I can’t even pronounce. Many seem maybe Indian. I would think you would want to call and do a phone interview first but she has been putting in a time and they confirm it. Then it’s a video conference through the app. Are some of these resumes fake or overseas? One he did say was in India but the town listed was local in NY
I use Indeed for hiring fairly often and hire in the Seattle area. I've not received any resumes I found suspicious.

I still see plenty of unqualified or out of area candidates responding but that's always been the case to one degree or another.

I run the ad then use Indeed messaging to set up phone screens for potentially qualified candidates. The screen is simply reiterating what the ad stated and confirming they know the company, position, wage, and location/commute.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:27 AM

585 posts, read 494,814 times
He said the resumes don’t provide phone #’s. You have to have your PC, camera, and Mic hooked up go to the app to have a video interview?

Old 12-10-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layden85 View Post
He said the resumes don’t provide phone #’s. You have to have your PC, camera, and Mic hooked up go to the app to have a video interview?
Again, it depends on the subscription level.

Old 12-10-2021, 10:03 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,223,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Rover View Post
Entirely irrelevant to the thread topic
Relevant as it shows more corruption on the part of the job site. They allow both fake resumes and fake jobs.

Quote:
and also not very likely - as the employer would be paying for that posting. Indeed is crap about taking postings down once they have been filled.
They're required to so to maintain plausible deniability. Top talent will bolt if they get a sniff that the recruiting process is rigged for cronyism.

"We had to put 20 candidates through our rigorous screening process, but none of them qualified so we have no choice but to hire my drinking buddy from college" will not fly.

Oh, and let's talk about H-1B, OPT and L1 visa bait, as well as PERM bait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

And yes, I have spotted those. Multiple times.

Once I saw a job ad REQUIRING a degree from a foreign institution. Yeah. How blatant was that?

Old 12-10-2021, 10:08 AM

It's already been established that they're not faking resumes. Are there plenty of disgruntled worthless toxic potential employees that put their resume out there to keep their UI benefits? yes.

Old 12-13-2021, 01:19 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,422,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Rover View Post
When I worked for a F100 in the past, we had to post every job for 5 days, even if it was an internal promotion. So the person who earned the promotion through their own hard work still had to apply and interview. What a waste of time.
Not to mention beyond inconsiderate, more like reprehensible, to the candidates to waste their time and money, and drag them in for an interview when they have no chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment