U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM

41 posts, read 112,573 times

Advertisements

Hello

I think I posted this in the wrong forum before
I am looking to hired a nanny/maid (bit of both actually) to take care of the house and the kids when they come home (2 and 4)for a couple hours until we get home.
I need someone to live in ( it is a big house with a private apartment/room for the lady) I also provide a car.

We are in Raleigh NC, I was looking someone in Miami Area because I am looking for somebody Spanish speaking.

could anybody direct me where to look and how much the prices go for?

Montserrat
Rate this post positively

Old 01-21-2010, 08:58 PM

26,589 posts, read 58,541,986 times
If you are legitimate, then you should be contacting an agency that places nannies, au pairs, and other professional household staff. And Internet search will turn up several long established agencies. It's not wide to randomly hire someone who applies through an Internet message board, use an agency who will screen potential employees and can advise you of tax and insurance implications.

I would expect to pay a minimum of $200 a week for the type of employee you are looking for--plus employer born costs such as social security withholding, workers comp, etc.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
If you are legitimate, then you should be contacting an agency that places nannies, au pairs, and other professional household staff. And Internet search will turn up several long established agencies. It's not wide to randomly hire someone who applies through an Internet message board, use an agency who will screen potential employees and can advise you of tax and insurance implications.

I would expect to pay a minimum of $200 a week for the type of employee you are looking for--plus employer born costs such as social security withholding, workers comp, etc.
---------------

Thank you. I would not be hiring someone form the internet but I do beleive in some cases mouth to mouth of someone that knows someone and get it from there.
the agencies mostly are young girls and they will stay for 1 or 2 years if they come from outsite country and locals much rather live out.
I need more like a housekeeper living in so take care of the house and is at home with kids are back from school,etc.
it is really hard, my kids are still small and I am looking around as the lady I have now and has been with me for 4 years will be leaving by summer. Her daugther is having a baby so she is moving back.
thank you for your response

Old 02-24-2010, 12:10 PM

1,610 posts, read 4,622,664 times
Not to put too fine a point on it but "happyhollow20" doesn't exactly sound like a mature and responsible woman. Call me crazy but anyone who is seriously interested in a position such as this would make a much better impression if she wrote of her interest with appropriate capital letters, punctuation, and proper word useage ("an" instead of and). She may be a great person but she does not make a great first impression. Sorry.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 PM

10,018 posts, read 11,678,114 times
I would strongly suggest that you use a well respected agency that specializes in Nannys. There are legal requirements and responsibilities that are all well known and utilized by these people. Their Nannys are very well vetted and always remember that you are intrusting the most precious things you will ever be responsible for to that person.

I know that things are different here in Canada but my oldest son has a Nanny from the Philppines and she costs him all told for everything, wages, healthcare, Canada pension, workers comp. etc $40,000 a year. By the way, she is excellent.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:40 AM

48,696 posts, read 69,817,978 times
This is Philippine Long Distance phone number!
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:10 AM

24,671 posts, read 65,252,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
This is Philippine Long Distance phone number!
And isn't it also most peculiar that the OP started the thread in January 2010 and it lay dormant and buried for 18 months before the woman from the Philippines dragged it back up a month ago ...

Old 08-19-2011, 02:44 PM

Hello

if you all notice, my original post is about 2 years old, Now my kids are 5 1/2 and almost 4, actually both in school (year around the older one and daycare the youngers) I am still looking but more now like a maid/ cook to come everday to my home (I never knew I would miss my privacy having someone living with me) so I would love some local with references. Again, thank you so much and yes At ELNINA,I figured that out about the number. Again I hope I am not making any mistake posting this answer here...I was thinking in graigslist but dunno..I have heard so many weird things ..

thankyou

Montse

Old 08-19-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
And isn't it also most peculiar that the OP started the thread in January 2010 and it lay dormant and buried for 18 months before the woman from the Philippines dragged it back up a month ago ...
yes it is..weird as no new answers for a long, long time. and I haven´t logged in for a long time as well until yesterday so I was surprise to see the post just from July. Doesn´t seems good.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:28 AM

18,845 posts, read 34,915,811 times
There are agencies that do background checks on people, and carefully screen applicants to be nannies. That is probably a better route, than just getting a random unemployed person off the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.