Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 04:07 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,010,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I agree and I'm sure the OP agrees as well which is why he/she feels trapped. As I stated before, I've been there and the stress nearly caused me to have a nervous breakdown and panic attacks. I did not have any nearby family or friends so I struggled alone. Not everyone can afford therapy and it is difficult to obtain it as most therapists operate during work hours.
I understand... it's a heck of a thing - and I wonder if toxic work environments will increase (considering the crappy economy, and it being an employers market) ... Employers may try to get away with any/everything because it's THEIR market now, unfortunately. Well, this could be another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 04:09 PM

577 posts, read 1,761,605 times
OP got the new job.... shoulda started by now! Congrats! Let us know how it's going!

Old 06-17-2010, 08:18 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,533,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Well, sleep when you're not working. Fall asleep while watching an old movie or something.

In others words, you need a life outside the job.

Try being under/unemployed if you want, see how you'd feel then. I'm not criticizing, just sayin' ...
Well, why didn't I think of that? Of course...that's my problem. I am either at work or asleep. There is no time to 'have a life outside the job.'

Of course, you need a job to survive...hence the trap.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,483,900 times
I am kind of in a different situation. I don't hate my job per se but I hate the fact I recieve no benefits, the pay isn't great especially considering my education, and I don't see things improving anytime soon even if the economy recovers. The above is causing me to hate my job profession not the work itself or the environment. For now I suck it up and just do my job, but am actively investigating/persuing a career change.

Personally if I had a decent paying job with benefits, I would keep it and learn to like it no matter how much I hated it.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,125 times
Default same here

had my job 6 years now, I hate it. had great job before but that place went under in the recession. it's also on shifts, so fed up getting up at 5am knowing heading for 8 hours of crap.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:49 PM

120 posts, read 119,780 times
OP, it sounds like you may be going to be a field adjuster? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment