Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:31 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

A co worker of mine had a death in the family on Monday, her grandmom passed and the funeral is scheduled for next Wednesday. So my supervisor asked me was I going to the funeral and I said no because I'm scheduled off next wednesday because of a vacation day that was al;ready approved.

She then asked since we are all a family would I consider moving my already approved vacation day to another day so I can attend the funeral next Wednesday??????????????????????

I was STUNNED at the question and could not believe she would ask me something so stupid to be such a smart woman. Why in the hell would I cancel a vacation day to attend the funeral for someone I never met???

All I can say is WOW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 07:45 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
A co worker of mine had a death in the family on Monday, her grandmom passed and the funeral is scheduled for next Wednesday. So my supervisor asked me was I going to the funeral and I said no because I'm scheduled off next wednesday because of a vacation day that was al;ready approved.

She then asked since we are all a family would I consider moving my already approved vacation day to another day so I can attend the funeral next Wednesday??????????????????????

I was STUNNED at the question and could not believe she would ask me something so stupid to be such a smart woman. Why in the hell would I cancel a vacation day to attend the funeral for someone I never met???

All I can say is WOW
Maybe out of respect, courtesy, support the co-worker which does not preclude knowing the person - who knows what she was thinking - it is not as if she did not give you a choice. I wouldn't be so worried about it - just tell her your reasons - that all you have to do. I would not chalk it up to stupidity.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:50 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,702,451 times
Just crazy talk some days!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Maybe out of respect, courtesy, support the co-worker which does not preclude knowing the person - who knows what she was thinking - it is not as if she did not give you a choice. I wouldn't be so worried about it - just tell her your reasons - that all you have to do. I would not chalk it up to stupidity.
Nothing wrong with supporting a coworker since i attended the funeral for two coworkers at my last job who had a death in the family. What I'm saying is stupid is asking me CANCEL a vacation day so I can attend a funeral. She don't know what I have planned for next wednesday. I honestly thought that when I told her why I wouldn't be attending that she would just be like-"oh ok". Not-"can you move it to another day?" HUH??

Old 05-26-2010, 07:57 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,029,434 times
Quote:
Nothing wrong with supporting a coworker since i attended the funeral for two coworkers at my last job who had a death in the family. What I'm saying is stupid is asking me CANCEL a vacation day so I can attend a funeral. She don't know what I have planned for next wednesday. I honestly thought that when I told her why I wouldn't be attending that she would just be like-"oh ok". Not-"can you move it to another day?" HUH??
Just tell her that you have made plans that cannot be changed or would be too expensive to change. Not a big deal.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Just tell her that you have made plans that cannot be changed or would be too expensive to change. Not a big deal.
when she heard vacation day the conversation should have been over instantly

Old 05-26-2010, 08:11 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Isn't there a movie titled, "Die Another Day?"

Old 05-27-2010, 05:43 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
The master of idiotic questions and comments is STUNNED again. Oh my.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,079,286 times
This is more like Groundhog's Day.
Do you walk around with this expression all the time? :

Are they having a wake? The polite thing for you to do is go to the wake and/or give your coworker a sympathy card.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 AM

163 posts, read 428,231 times
You don't seem too bright
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment