Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 01:14 PM

344 posts, read 463,984 times

Advertisements

The Israelis are very friendly and helpful people, while the Russians are incredibly funny people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 01:43 PM

321 posts, read 962,046 times
The people of Mauritius are the nicest I have met anywhere in the world, followed by the people of Laos and Cambodia.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 PM

202 posts, read 569,003 times
About 25 years ago I was hitch-hiking around the island of Okinawa. I decided to camp on the beach of this peaceful cove where the small village of Aha is located. I had the entire beach to myself, so the first evening I just sat outside my tent enjoying my little campfire and the night breeze off the ocean.

Suddenly, about four or five small pickups came down the road from the village and started driving straight towards my camp. I'm embarrassed to say my first thought was that I was about to have my ass thoroughly kicked by the locals.

I couldn't have been more wrong. It was just a bunch of the local men who were curious about the gaijin who was camping alone (Okinawans tend to do things in groups or at least with one or two other people). Apparently they felt that the polite thing to do would be to alleviate my "loneliness" with snacks, beer, and a couple of bottles of awamori, a potent liquor distilled from rice.

Long story short, I had a really great time and ended up staying for a couple more days. I was even invited to a family's home for dinner one evening.

Everybody was very curious and I'm pretty sure were a little sorry for me because I obviously didn't have any friends. I tried to explain that for a Westerner travelling alone is fairly common, but I don't think they entirely believed me!

Okinawans are a wonderful, kind, very non-violent people that have had to put up with a lot of outside interference over the centuries. I hope I can go back someday.

I'd love to hear your stories, if you'd like to tell them.

Last edited by elcoyoteloco; 08-25-2010 at 12:05 AM..

Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 PM

291 posts, read 753,933 times
Lovely story about Okinawa

Old 08-26-2010, 08:59 PM

806 posts, read 1,088,403 times
I was in Sierra Leone last summer and fell in love with the place. The locals were so friendly and genuine!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:19 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,339,434 times
Italian: MY favorite language ~ I like it SO much better than French! Love it's food, too. Handsome men.
Portuguese: I admire their strong sense of family ties. Great wines, and the best breads in the world. Love fados.
Spain: Beautiful-looking people of both sexes.
Mexico: Hard workers, strong sense of family unity. Love its food.
Canada: I admire its border control/safety measures. It takes care of its own!
Russians: Beautiful-looking women. Tenacity to carve out their own businesses in the states.
Asians: Charming people, and I admire how seriously education is regarded. Love its history.
India: Love its history, many good-looking people, love the women's cultural dress, love it's food! Another culture that takes education very seriously.
Egyptian: Love its history!
Samoans: I am fascinated by the sturdy physical structure of these people. Many are very friendly and charming, too.
Irish/Scotch: Love their accents!

Old 03-21-2011, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,512 times
I am Mohammad Shalauddin ... from Bangladesh... Bangladesh is the beautiful country of the world. we say it is the queen of the world.It have nice river, nice beach (cox-bazar) nice man & women... all every thing in the world.
thanks to all.

home dhaka, bangladesh

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 03-22-2011 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: personal information removed

Old 03-21-2011, 03:26 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,792,154 times
Worked in Mexico for several years and found most of the people throughout the countryside to be very entertaining, generous, and very lovable.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:42 PM

614 posts, read 3,219,705 times
Canada - they mind their own business and don't get involved in other country's affairs. We could learn a thing or two from them here in the US

Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 PM

385 posts, read 860,780 times
China, and most other Asian countries I've been to seem to have the same outlook on life, they are a very happy bunch, they will help you out if they can and if they can't they will at least keep company with you until you do get help, the first time I went to see my now wife I got very lost and could not read the street signs, as a matter of fact I was so lost I had to rent a hotel room for the night, when the person at the desk found out why I needed the room on such short notice she told me it was free and in the morning she paid for a cap to take me where I was to meet my wife ( girlfriend at the time ) and called her the night before to let her know where and how I was and to tell her that I would meet her at her families home which I had the address. they are also the most education minded people I have come acrossed and always have a smile and a hello.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World